Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Ubaxa kacaanka(flowers of the revolution)

Carafaat   

As a child in Xamar I was member of the 'Ubaxa Kacaanka', children of the revolution. I only remember we use to wear uniforms and sing to during 21 october. Dont remember much else of it. Are there any other members here? Does someone have pictures? Or stories from this obscure children group?

Showqi   

Carafaat how come they sold you The Secessionist ideology, adigoo waliba Ubixii Kacaanka Octobar ahaan jiray. Ma qabiilkii ayaa kaa awood badiyey?..:D

Carafaat;794265 wrote:
As a child in Xamar I was member of the 'Ubaxa Kacaanka', children of the revolution. I only remember we use to wear uniforms and sing to during 21 october. Dont remember much else of it. Are there any other members here? Does someone have pictures? Or stories from this obscure children group?

... and here, I was wondering what is wrong with you ... :D

Carafaat   

Showqi, aboow, aniga secessionist ma ihi, Kuwa wax dumiyana ma ihi. Aniga somaliweyn, africaweyn, aduun weyne aa rabaa ani wax la dhiso aan rabaa wax dumis wakaa kasoo horjeeda.

Laakinse adi goorma Al Shabaab ka hadhay oo maamul qabiil raacday :D

Somalina   

Carafaat, maxaa tiri? Ubaxa Kacaankaan ka mid ahaay miyaad noola timid? :D

Heesihii aad heesi jirteen bal nagu tuf inyar. Wax nooga sheeg experience kaaga, routine kiinii iyo meelihii aad tagi jirteen. Weligey inaan la sheekeysto member of Ubaxa waan rabi jirey. Tafadal yaa akhii caziiz.

Carafaat   

Somalia;795157 wrote:
These ones?

tumblr_lte1gi9Oyi1qcm9jg

Yes, indeed. I remember our group use to wear blue shirts and green shorts. And we used to sing alot and we even had

Jaallee Siad in the school couple of times and he always used to say long. The man was really good and friendly for children.

Blessed   

So what reward do you get for being kacaanka, apart from being a proud citizen that is. Awards, scholarships? Also, a lot of the fanaans say that they started singing at school and were in some sort of state group, I'm assuming like this one. Was this done in music class, was music taught, even? Mise kuwa talentka leh ayaa gooni loo train gareen jiray?

I don't know about Muqdisho but in Hargeisa, the Ubaxa kacaanka children were mostly those were born "without father" ... I remember we used to call them "Ga"ra*cda kacaanka" .... :D

Juxa   

^^Istaqfurullah.

The professional ubaxa kacaanka were those in state schools/orphanages (ciyaal oorfano). they were not g*rac but most were caruur agoon ah or from poor families.

I know this cause i know islaan koleejo xukumi jirtey and yes they were given special lessons re music, singing or even playing instruments

Carafaat   

SOS childrens village had both groups. Children who were living in the centre and many who came from outside and were brought with busses to school. Cause they started with western style education on the age of 4, where other kids went to quran lesson till 6 years old. So it was one of the few oppportunities for kindergarten.

Carafaat   

Somalina;795285 wrote:
Carafaat, maxaa tiri? Ubaxa Kacaankaan ka mid ahaay miyaad noola timid?
:D

Heesihii aad heesi jirteen bal nagu tuf inyar. Wax nooga sheeg experience kaaga, routine kiinii iyo meelihii aad tagi jirteen. Weligey inaan la sheekeysto member of Ubaxa waan rabi jirey. Tafadal yaa akhii caziiz.

Abaayo, i dont remember the songs anymore. I was part of the Kacaanka school between 4 and 7 years old and then I left the country.

But I can tell you, I remember so many diffrent folk used to visit us and I remember sitting on the podium for 21th October so well, we even went to this funfair that came from abroad with hugh attractions. Somalia was fun walee.