Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Why abortion is haram

Raamsade   

When is a fetus a full human deserving of the protection and care we normally accord humans? At conception? In the 3rd trimester? Because if it is at conception, most fertilized ova never impregnate. Most potential humans undergo "natural" abortions. So why all this hue and cry about abortions by humans?

Wadani   

I think the graphic pictures above perfectly illustrates what the hue and cry is about. We both know that abortion doctors have no qualms of performing their deed irrespective of the fetuses' stage of development. So Raamsade, save us ur perennial pontification. Everything doesn't have to be a debate or an exercise in logic. Allah gave us an heart so use it. Oops i forgot, u don't believe in God.

Raamsade   

Wadani, looks like my point sailed right over your head. I said most potential humans undergo natural abortion. There is also miscarriages all the time. These are not things human have any control over. If you believe in an invisible guy hiding somewhere in space called God, who pulls all the strings in our universe, then God will be biggest abortionist in the world. So where is the brouhaha over God the biggest abortionist?

Don't miscontrue what I'm saying as a ringing endorsement of abortion. I'm against abortion at the 3rd trimester and later. I'm not so sure about earlier stages.