Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Whats The Puntland Folks Like In Your City?

Ninkii Soomaaliga ahaa aan ku aragnay garoonka Dubeey soo xasuustayba. Koonfur Afrika ka yimid, transit Dubeey ku ahaa, Soomaaliya u socday. Dadka uu garoonka ku arkaba yaa tahay ugu bilaabaaye. Salaantiisa yaa tahay ayee ahayd iyo kumaa ahayd.

Dr_Osman;790419 wrote:
Anyone living in the diaspora that knows the Puntland citizens be it through social life, studies, or work or any other aspect in life, can you please provide your comments on what the Puntland people are like. Are they hugeeeeeeee pro puntland with flag blazing or are they more subtle and somalia orientated. I know my family love puntland to death and make sure it's peaceful and they always get concerned if a battle begins however as far as government is concerned their of the old school mentality the government seat is in mogadishu.

I know some puntland people who are real extreme here like the minister of finance he was always like that in melbourne, he was well known in the cafe hide-outs in heated debate defending puntland, farole was a different kettle of fish all together in melbourne he was known to have a very bad attitude but he was always of the mentality that Puntland doesn't need mogadishu and you can see it clearly in his policies.

So for all the SOL members what are puntlanders like in your city, are they up in your face about puntland or do they not care much. I know for a fact that since farole took power the diaspora has become alot more puntland focussed as far as social events are concerned something that did not occur as much under the previous presidents

I wouldnt know the difference between Puntlanders and some of the northerners...until they tell me. To me yall sound the same. :)

But, the few i meet/interact with are not suprisingly dyspeptic as often described by most Somalis. In regards to Puntland mania, I think it is fair to say they are not as antagonistic or ultra patriotic as our beloved brothers from the North.

Infact, I am even gonna go a step further and say, they are more "Nationalist" than they are "regionalist"- The former more obvious if and when only one of their beloved sons is at the top- Hint, Abdilahi Yusuf :D-

So in conclusion- Puntlanders are not as regionalistic as Landers-but are fairly happy to be from Puntland...

Dr_Osman   

Faarax-Brawn;790813 wrote:
I wouldnt know the difference between Puntlanders and some of the northerners...until they tell me. To me yall sound the same.
:)

But, the few i meet/interact with are not suprisingly dyspeptic as often described by most Somalis. In regards to Puntland mania, I think it is fair to say they are not as antagonistic or ultra patriotic as our beloved brothers from the North.

Infact, I am even gonna go a step further and say, they are more "Nationalist" than they are "regionalist"- The former more obvious if and when only one of their beloved sons is at the top- Hint, Abdilahi Yusuf
:D
-

So in conclusion- Puntlanders are not as regionalistic as Landers-but are fairly happy to be from Puntland...

Thats good describtion and I think that is what i see mostly also, but I tend to see this from older community, I am not sure about the younger ones if their more regional then national