Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Caqiidah

Xafsa   

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks...so maybe the brothers and sisters in the islamic forum could help me out here.

If for instance you met someone who was decent in everyway...prays daily, doesn't smoke, drink or chew qaad, educated, doesn't go clubbing...just a well rounded person.

I know the most important thing is making sure their Caqiidah is correct...so what I want to know is how would you find out what their Caqiidah is? what kind of questions would you ask.

And is it enough the he prays...is there more you should be looking for? I feel like theres has to be more than just praying...I just can't figure out what?

This may seem like a relationship question but it isn't....

Nur   

Flying Sis

Actions are indicators of aqeedah or lack of it, if a pesron who happens to live in a non Muslim envirenment performs prayers, and conforms to Islamic etiquette ( Akhlaq) it shows that his aqeedah is likely to be correct, to a lesser degree it may signal that he needs a tune up, but I would suspect that he is a Zindiiq, unless I see some clear manifestations in his actions or words.

But you are correct to worry about the aqeedah of a possible mate, because like the Chinese say " Open both of your eyes before marriage, and after marriage, close one eye" you should discuss aqeedah issue in a relaxed setting, but never come across that you are examining him for an admission to an Ivy League College, Men like to be in control, some with their spouses permission.

My advice to you is before you examine his aqeedah, you should examine yours, but not before you register for a Nurtel intensive summer aqeedah refresher course that can be offered on-line right here on Somaliaonline if you can manage to get five other interested viewers to sign on. At the conclusion of this refresher course, you would be able to know if your future mate's aqeedah is that of ahlul sunnah wal Jamaacah, or if he is a Zindiiq. We can also cover some advice on how to examine his fitness for family harmony and in laws compatibility, tolerance of children, household help, and the possibility of taming the lion in him, but be warned that this last course requires a great share of wisdom from your part.

Nur

Xafsa   

Nir..thaak you so much walaah for answering.

I would love to take that refresher course...I do need to re-examine my own aqeeda before I can examine anothers.

What is a Zindiiq?..never heard of it.

Flying still...interesting topic!! appreciate it.

Nur, u only need 5 to start the program? What a deal, I guess am the 2nd person to sign on. I'll try to recruit more.

Haashim   

Originally posted by Nur:

Flying Sis

Actions are indicators of aqeedah or lack of it, if a pesron who happens to live in a non Muslim envirenment performs prayers, and conforms to Islamic etiquette ( Akhlaq) it shows that his aqeedah is likely to be correct,)

I agree with you Sxb untill here, but to be honest i'm not happy the word Zindiiq, because Zandaqa means to be out of Islam and i think it's very difficult issue and dangerous too to describe someone as Zindiiq, on the other hand Aqiidah is not more than the IIMAAN and IIMAAN is the six pillars which are well known among the muslims around the world and if you look many Aqeedah books today they ignore most of these pillars and concentrate other minor issues. For example you'll find very few books which concentrate YOWMUL QIYAAMA as a part of Aqeedah and even BOOKS of ALLAH or his PROPHETS while they concentrate what even ULUMA, let alone the ordinary muslims, didn't agreed on it.

Anyhow this is very big issue and needs more cautious as well as deep knowldege but as an ordinary Muslim we need to grip on the 5 pillars of Islam (as an AMAL) and the 6 pillars of Iimaan (as an AQEEDAH).

Khayr   

Salaamz,

If you are to talk about 'Aqidah' then you need to define it 'Clearly' and inshallah show the nomads here the various aqeedahs that reign in the muslim Ummah.

There is not 'One Aqidah' that runs through out the islamic ummah b/c that would mean that all the Ulama think the same, why and all the believers are of the same level of UNDERSTANDING.

Which is an IMPOSSIBILITY?

So maybe you can explain the different aqeedahs

such as the:

-Mutuzalites

-Asharies

-Ahl-al-Shia

-Salafis

-Ahl-al-taswuf such as Rumi and Ibn Arabi

and etc.

You can't talk about aqeedah without explaining the different Schools of thought!

This is VERY IMPORTANT or else you'll create FRACTIONISM and ANIMOSITY among the NOMADS here

Nur   

Br Brother Murad

Assalamu Calaykum wa raxmatullah wa barakaatuh

You write:

.......I agree with you Sxb untill here, but to be honest i'm not happy the word Zindiiq, because Zandaqa means to be out of Islam and i think it's very difficult issue and dangerous too to describe someone as Zindiiq,"

Answer:

Where in my post post did I ever say someone is ZINDIIQ? why jump the gun before you understand what I mean?

You write:

" on the other hand Aqiidah is not more than the IIMAAN and IIMAAN is the six pillars which are well known among the muslims around the world and if you look many Aqeedah books today they ignore most of these pillars and concentrate other minor issues."

Answer:

The sisters question was simple, why complicate things when she accepted my simple answer?

You write:

For example you'll find very few books which concentrate YOWMUL QIYAAMA as a part of Aqeedah and even BOOKS of ALLAH or his PROPHETS while they concentrate what even ULUMA, let alone the ordinary muslims, didn't agreed on it.

Answer:

Your comments are good for a new thread, start one and I will contribute my views. but this thread is about a question by a sister about the beliefs of someone she is thinking in marrying, so to keep the boards focused, please stay on that subject, and keep the issue simple.

Sister Flying Still:

ZINDIIQ in Arabic means someone who introduces new concepts ( Caqaa id) in Islam not in Line with Quraan and Sunnah, depending on how far that person diverges from Sunnah, he can be classified as mild as a Bidci, all the way to an outright Kafir, so for your infromation, a Zindiiq can perform salat publicly yet believe in Waxdatul Wujuud concept which is a serious compromise on Tawheed.

Wallahu aclam

Nur

Nur   

Khayr

No nation becomes mislead until they begin polemics and arguments.

Aqeedah, in Islam is very simple, the more one subjects Aqeedah to scrutiny, the more likely they are to create division and confusion. The first generation never took part of polemics, they were busy spreading islam, it was only when the luxury of time and wealth was afforded them that they embarked on non ending philsophical arguments that created hatred and division to this day.

To bring that sad history back on these boards, you are only going to help Satan in fomenting a dormant ailment that is better left sleeping.

As a constructive gesture, you can suggest that we read and study Quran and sunnah for guidance together, which was the regimen the Prophet SAWs recommeded for those keen in staying the course.

When the readers learn the proper Aqeedah through Quraan and Sunnah and actions, they would be able to identify wrong concepts, but not the other way around. To know what is right to filter-out what is wrong is much simpler than to know all what is wrong to learn what is right, because what is right is XAQ is simple, but baadil wears many clothes and comes in many shapes and sizes. Economics teaches managing scarce resources, Islam teaches where to focus these resources before we die.

Nur

Haashim   

Br. Nur You didn't say fulaaan or fulaanah is Zindiiq, and i didn't say thatyou say someone is Zindiiq, what i said was i'm not happy about the word Zindiiq, and that doesn't mean that you say someone is Zindiiq, i just wanted not to open us this door because if we open this door we would never be able to shut it. look all the people who opened this door they continue to open door after door untill they split themselves into many groups, each group describing others that they lost the right way and publishing many books about them, desbite the 99% similarity between them. That was my conservation about the word ZANDAQA.

Raxmah   

In Islam, ‘aqeedah is the matter of knowledge. The Muslim must believe in his heart and have faith and conviction, with no doubts or misgivings, because Allaah has told him about ‘aqeedah in His Book and via His Revelations to His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The principles of ‘aqeedah are those which Allaah has commanded us to believe in, as mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

"The Messenger believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. They say, ‘We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers’ – and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all).’" [al-Baqarah 2:285]

- and as defined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the famous hadeeth which describes how Jibreel came to him and asked him about Islam etc.: "Eemaan (faith) is to believe in Allaah, His angels, His Books, the meeting with Him on the Last Day, His Messengers, and the Day of Resurrection."

So in Islam, ‘aqeedah refers to the matters which are known from the Qur’aan and sound ahaadeeth, and which the Muslim must believe in his heart, in acknowledgement of the truth of Allaah and His Messenger.

Sis flying still--only praying is not enough, if he's at least trying to follow in the foot steps of the prophet in every aspect of life, then that is good enough.

PS: some ppl pretend to be good muslims, you should also look at their sincerity of being muslims.

Assalaama Alaykum W.W

Caqeedah (creed) it's very Importence to every muslim, and here's vew steps of our Creed

Our Creed

Belief in Allah's Lordship, Oneness, and Attributes Allah's Will Universal and Legal - More of Allah's Attributes - Describing Allah by His Revelation.'

The Qur'an and Sunnah

Sources of His Attributes - Free From Contradictions.

Angels

Belief - Angel's Functions.

Allah's Books "holy koran"

Belief - Books Known - The Qur'an Is Protected from Change - Previous Scriptures Changed.

Messengers

Belief - The First and Last Messengers - The Best Messengers - Messengers are Human Beings - Islam The Universal and Final Message - Rightly Guided Caliphs ~ The Prophet's Companions .

The Day of Judgment

Belief - The Resurrection - The Records and Scales - The Prophet's Intercession - The Prophet's Pool - The Straight Path - Paradise and Hell - What Happens in the Grave.

Fate and the Divine Decree

Belief - Levels of Belief - Man's Free Will - No Excuse for Sinners - Evil Not Attributable to Allah .

Benefits

Virtues of Belief in Allah - Virtues of Belief in Angels - Virtues of Belief in Books - Virtues of Belief in Messengers - Virtues of Belief in Day of Judgment Virtues of Belief in Fate .

Allah knows best

Xafsa   

thank you all for replying...all your replies were very interesting.

Nur...thank you for explaining what Zindiiq meant.

The concept of what a muslim is that I grew up with was very strict.....I personally don't believe that islam was meant to be a hardship placed upon us...but a blessing. Thats why I asked this question.

How many people do we have for that Aqeedah class? Just me and Tamina?

wardi   

it is important to learn caqiidah, i am interesting too,,,,sister flying if the brother is praying its good enough if you want him to be like iman big shiekh its different case,i love to see new muslim family is created please welcome him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,murad leave alone ( adeer Muse )

Nur i am looking forward to learn

Haashim   

Wardi, lool, is Muse you'r adeer, for me if he become president of somalia or even Mogadisho mayor (while mogadisho still remains as somali capital) i will drop my second citizenship (somali) and will keep forever my EU citezinship alone :D