Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Increasing number of Somali singers ;)

I actually like the new breed of Somali singers. They are refreshing-and gives a new life to Somali Music.

I think the old singers should retire. Shelf their music and save it for future generations. I like Qarami,but, lets be honest, those one string kaban songs can be annoying(especially if the kaban takes half the cajalad-and you wonder,is this singer ever gonna sing? )...:)

Faarax-Brawn;785931 wrote:
I actually like the new breed of Somali singers. They are refreshing-and gives a new life to Somali Music.

I think the old singers should retire. Shelf their music and save it for future generations. I like Qarami,but, lets be honest, those one string kaban songs can be annoying(especially if the kaban takes half the cajalad-and you wonder,is this singer ever gonna sing? )...
:)

I second that we need new inspiring artists eventhough for me it wouldn't make any difference since I don't listen to Somali music that often.

Nin-Yaaban;785945 wrote:
With the Internet and Youtube everyone is now a singer. Even those that can't sing.

True, have you noticed when you're looking for a song on Youtube you have to through atleast 3 pages of bullshit videos to get to the video you really wanna see it's so annoying. All these people think they can be the next Justin Bieber or Esmee Denters who got famous on Youtube. Anyways if we haven't got our lost buddy Nin Yaaban, where have you been? :)

Bluelicious;785952 wrote:
True, have you noticed when you're looking for a song on Youtube you have to through atleast 3 pages of bullshit videos to get to the video you really wanna see it's so annoying. All these people think they can be the next Justin Bieber or Esmee Denters who got famous on Youtube. Anyways if we haven't got our lost buddy Nin Yaaban, where have you been?
:)

That's why i don't watch any videos with less than 200k view counts and never click on YT's "suggested/recommended" videos. They just waste your time. I've been around, just chilling.

Nin-Yaaban;785963 wrote:
That's why i don't watch any videos with less than 200k view counts and never click on YT's "suggested/recommended" videos. They just waste your time. I've been around, just chilling.

Lol great minds think alike I also do the same thing. And don't get me started on the commercials before each video that's a whole another topic. We have been crossing each other lately, when i'm here you're not here and when i'm not here you're here lol :P