Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Tfg says: puntland only gets 50% of the oil revenue

^^ wanting the best for your people is a good attribute and it is people like myself that are making a difference in Puntland. Now let me ask you something, what has the rest of somalis in other part of the country contribute to puntland's oil initiatives? How many young men lost their lives to ensure the safety and well being of the oil company? and now you have the nerve to label people that not only understand the sacrifices of other, but also want to make sure their sacrifices were not in vein. you say bosaso, garowe, and galkacyo would disagree with me, i say with conviction that it is you they would disagree.

people where killed protecting oil fields? in another note, you say wanting the best for your people is a good attribute. I agree with you, but the problem is we need to expand your concept of "your people". Remember they are all your people, I think its healthy to remind yourself of that once in a while. Also you say your making a difference, really thats good for, perhaps you can even share that difference your making.

my concept of "your people" were, is and unfortunatedly will be shaped by others who dont share your concept of my people. it is normal to seek those who not only want you, but also accept you. i have seen a lot of crazy things and i can guarantee my concept of "your people" is the norm in somalia. sorry to burst your bubble.

well, in normal societies, the majority of the people out number the small crazy ones, however; in somalia, the opposite is true. so, your so call independent thinking make no sense in this context. i know what you mean, but what's the point? it's not like you and i mean you will make any difference on the ground. so, it's better that you accept the reality on the ground, because so many like you scarified so much for so little. i'm independent on many issues, but not on the concept of your people.

Dr_Osman   

I am not saying the federal govt shouldn't get a slice, there is no question they will get a slice but 50% is what I am seeing as horrific!!! Do we seriously think its in our best interest to have monster federal govt? Do you think oil revenue will be their only source of income? When the country is back in operation they will be getting slices of income taxation from 18 regions, business taxes, livestock and agriculture taxes, oil and mineral levies, and on-top of that access to international funding!!!

This is going to rebuild a Siyad Barre Government with Mogadishu as it's capital reaping the rewards of every region yet the regional govt areas will fall behind in power and significance. This is really needs to be watched. If you get 50% of my oil, I want 50% of everything that comes in through the TFG also.

Anyways the oil legislation signed in 2007 was rejected by Puntland leader cadde muuse and a new legislation of oil will be drafted in the federal govt constitution in August that will be the proper constitution that will lay the foundation on which everything in Somalia will be based on and not a transitional constitution which the silly tfg minister of oil forgets to comprehend!!! That transitional constitution is going to be dumped in August and your 4.5 is out the door in 2016.

Dr_Osman;777014 wrote:
I am not saying the federal govt shouldn't get a slice, there is no question they will get a slice but 50% is what I am seeing as horrific!!! Do we seriously think its in our best interest to have monster federal govt? Do you think oil revenue will be their only source of income? When the country is back in operation they will be getting slices of income taxation from 18 regions, business taxes, livestock and agriculture taxes, oil and mineral levies, and on-top of that access to international funding!!!

This is going to rebuild a Siyad Barre Government with Mogadishu as it's capital reaping the rewards of every region yet the regional govt areas will fall behind in power and significance. This is really needs to be watched. If you get 50% of my oil, I want 50% of everything that comes in through the TFG also.

Anyways the oil legislation signed in 2007 was rejected by Puntland leader cadde muuse and a new legislation of oil will be drafted in the federal govt constitution in August that will be the proper constitution that will lay the foundation on which everything in Somalia will be based on and not a transitional constitution which the silly tfg minister of oil forgets to comprehend!!! That transitional constitution is going to be dumped in August and your 4.5 is out the door in 2016.

spot on osman spot on.

it's crazy that bunch of unelected, proven tuug request 50% of one of puntland's resources. i would as far go as to say that puntland will not pay a single dime without due process and the rest of the states pay their far share. in other words, we will not pay a thing until others pay their share of the responsibility.

Why did I just remember that well-known anecdote sheeko about two men who were fighting and a third man came across them while still fighting. Markuu kala celiye ayuu weydiiye why they were fighting. Waxee ku jawaabeen jawaano lacag cirka haddee kasoo dhacdo yaa leh iyo yaa lahaan doono ayee isku heysteen. Markaas kii kala celiye yiri, "Iga raali ahaada dagaalka meesha kasii wata."

Somalia   

kingofkings;777018 wrote:
it's crazy that bunch of unelected, proven tuug request 50% of one of puntland's resources. i would as far go as to say that puntland will not pay a single dime without due process and the rest of the states pay their far share. in other words, we will not pay a thing until others pay their share of the responsibility.

Interesting. Do you think all federal states should pay the same amount to the federal government? That's not realistic though. Also I agree with you that the TFG are proven tuugo.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;777019 wrote:
Why did I just remember that well-known anecdote sheeko about two men who were fighting and a third man came across them while still fighting. Markuu kala celiye ayuu weydiiye why they were fighting. Waxee ku jawaabeen jawaano lacag cirka haddee kasoo dhacdo yaa leh iyo yaa lahaan doono ayee isku heysteen. Markaas kii kala celiye yiri, "Iga raali ahaada dagaalka meesha kasii wata."

no fight, a healthy debate between two brothers that have two different point of views. in a democratic society, debate is the engine that drives the society forward.

Somalia;777020 wrote:
Interesting. Do you think all federal states should pay the same amount to the federal government? That's not realistic though. Also I agree with you that the TFG are proven tuugo.

in america, all states pay their fair share of the responsibility. i remeber when obama wanted to pass the health care bill, one of the states was excused due to budget issues and the other states not only complained as unfair, but the supreme court ruled as unconstitutional. so, yes. i believe every state pay their share or no at all. it make no sense for the average reer puntland to pay 2 or 10 times the tax while others pay none or less. do you know that if we pay more, then the state's tax goes up which in return causes the economy to grow slower. thus, discouraging companies to invest in puntland.

but thank god that abdi hassan jimcaale is one of the reer puntland working on the state's constitution as well as the national one. he not only understands what real federalism means, but also understands the right of the citizen, state and country.

somalia, would you accept paying more taxes while someone else in somalia pay less? Do you think it is fair? would you accept it? would you sit back and watch as other states out preform yours? would you help create the same mogadishu that did as it pleased? would you allow one city to dominate others? in federalism, no state is more favored or gains more power because it defeats the purpose of federalism. America is good example. name one state that is more politically powerful than another? so, in other words, mogadishu is no more especial than kismanyo or galkacyo.

Any wealth in Somalia belongs to all the people. The Oil, insha Allah will transform Somalia for the better. Everyone has a role to play to make our country better. To those who claim to be from the state, some humility and realism is required at this time. For an individual who supported this noble project from the start and who was insulted on many occasions because of it. I will ask you to refrain from such *********. Unity of the Somali's is a must. Of course there are some fake, nationalists on this forum who's hate for a specific clan is well documented. To those, all you need is to confront with truth, with real pictures and news...