Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Ma'anaa Waalan Mise Cadan Baa Laga Heesayaa

Taleexi   

Ma waxaan ku mooday, mise waxaad noqotay mise waxaan loon noqon doonin.

SOL nomads are still talking about tribalism while our people are dying in front of our own eyes.

- How many clan based admins do we need?

- Are they sustainable considering their detrimental effect and social scars on us?

- Isn't it about time we should squarely decipher and crack the code that the concept of clannish dogma and building a modern state are incompatible?

Please, for the love of our people and land - Let us try to revive Somalinimo.

Jacpher   

Somalinimo is the biggest elephant in the room no one wants to knowledge it died two decades ago. Let's talk about what works. Tolnimo & qabiilnimo replaced Somalinimo iyo Wadaninimo and with AS importing takfiirnimo, we are in a horrible stage. We need to find a working solution, not the best possible solution.

Perhaps, and hopefully Somalinimo can be tried in a few generations down the road.

Taleexi   

Jacpher - "A working solution" is a good start - I am not naive but we've to start from somewhere. According to my skewed observations Qabiil Qaran noqon maayo....... because has no end. may be regionalism with different tribes or something.

Saalax   

Somalinimo died decades ago. And it shall remain dead for generations to come until some folks learn not to try and abuse Somalinimo with

their own agendas and transparent crocodile tears.

Soomaalinimo died in 1988 when Somalis bombed each other and slaughtered their own kins .......

It still remains in our hearts though and shall revive anytime in the long future. At the moment, we shall still remain in our original 5 regions.

Taleexi   

JB: Acknowledging that tragedy and many others would be a good start but how would we move forward is what matters - We can ponder and reflect the past but we shouldn't be hostages to it. We all know Somalia will never be the same thus, let us find a workable strategy for the reincarnation of our sovereignty.

is it even time for reunification ??? ,,,, As I said, the 5 Somalis need to stand for its own first. We can then start a careful reunification in the long run. Maybe start with Federalism then go slowly until full union is achieved.

First we have to define what is Somalinimo what does it mean where did it came from is it our identity is it some sort of escape route we try to flee to when things go wrong.

Somalinimo to me is

Respect the lives of every living Somali

Support Somalis against non Somalis

protect the religion language and identity of the Somali people

Yes many lives were lost many innocent civilians were killed in Somaliland but also In Somalia during the civil war when Factions were slaughterering innocent woman and children and unarmed men in the 90s and also today innocent Civilians are continued to be killed by Factions using foreign Mercenaries to kill more to achieve short term Clan objectives. I say lets forget and lets forgive and start all over from scratch.The Most important thing when i a talk about Somalinimo is let the Somali people live in dignity and respect that should be achieved in the horn of Africa than things will get better.