Sign in to follow this  
FreshPrince

The Real Somali National Movement (SNM)

I'm disgusted to see how the secessionists have been referred to as "SNM" (Somali National Movement) when they have no drop of Somali Nationalism in their blood. I think the REAL SNM are those who have never signed treaties with the Colonizers (British, Ethiopia, Italy, French). Those from SSC and AWDAL who are still holding on to the Somali Flag after 21 years of brutal civil war and loss of hope. Those who have sacrificed for the unity of SOMALIA and the Somali people.

Please show your gratitude to the REAL Somali National Movement AKA SSC/AWDAL !!!

IMG_00291.jpg

awdal-flag.jpg

1234.jpg

45397_140490719319416_100000754653851_17

4712269373_b7bb65d2ca.jpg

as.jpg

calan-somaliland-gubanaya.jpg

Xaflad-SSC-Columbus-Ohio-9-84.jpg

SSC20.jpg

Freedom   

Hate it or love it Somaliland his here to Stay, and SNM will have deep place in our hearts old boy. So take your hate fill heart some where eles lol.

Xaaji Xunjuf;767765 wrote:
Who said Awdalite never signed a treaty with the brits?

I never said that. lol I said "those" that didn't sign treaties with the Colonizers.

FreshPrince;767768 wrote:
I never said that. lol I said "those" that didn't sign treaties with the Colonizers.

You said those that didn't signed a treaty awdalite and ssc

Xaaji Xunjuf;767769 wrote:
You said those that didn't signed a treaty awdalite and ssc

No, I said "those that never signed treaties with the Colonizers", then my second sentence says, "SSC and Awdal who are still holding on to the flag of Somalia". Two different sentences.

we, the undersigned Elders of the Awdalite tribe, are desirous of entire into an agreement with the British Government for the maintenance of our independence, the preservation of the order, and other good and sufficient reasons.

Now it is hereby agreed and covenanted as follow:

Article I The Gadabursi tribe do hereby declare that they are pledged and found never to cede, sell, mortgage or otherwise give for occupation, save to the British government, any portion of the territory presently inhabited by them or being under their control.

Article II All vessels under the British flag shall have free permission to trade all ports and places in the territories of the Awdalite tribe.

Article III All British subjects, residing in, or visiting, the territories of the Awdalite tribe, shall enjoy perfect safety and protection and shall be titled to travel all over the said limits under the safe conduct of the elders of the tribe.

Article IV The traffic in slaves throughout the territories of the Gadabursi tribe shall cease for ever and the Commander of Her Majesty’s vessels, or any other British Officer duly authorized, shall have the power requiring the surrender of any slave, and of supporting the demand by force of arms by land and sea.

Article V the British Government shall have the power to appoint an agent or agents to reside in the territories of the Gadabursi tribe, and every such agent shall be treated with respect and consideration and be entitled to have for his protection such guard as the British Government deem sufficient.

The above written treaty shall come into force and have effect from the date of signing this agreement. In token of the conclusion of this lawful and honorable bond

Jaamac Rooble

Maxamed Cali Bolol

Ugaas Cilmi Warfaa Ugaas Rooble

Raage Kheyre

Waaberi Iidle

Ducaale Dubbad

Caamir Cigaal

Geele Shirwac

Warfaa Rooble

Yoonis Buux

and

Fredrick Mercer Hunter (Bombay Staff Corps)

Percy Downs (First Grade Officer I.M)

Defferin (Vecery and Governer General of India)

Also the Agreement was ratified by

H.M Durand (Officiating Secretary to the indian Foriegn Department) in 25th Feb 1885 .

the former for themselves, their heirs and successors, and the latter on behalf of the British Government, do each and all in the presence of witnesses affix their signatures, marks, or seals at Zaila on the eleventh day of December one thousand eight hundred and eighty-four, corresponding with the twenty-fifth of Safar one thousand three hundred and two.