Sign in to follow this  
Honesita

Al-Maghrib Islamic Institute

Honesita   

Salaamz everyone..

Is anyone familiar with Al-Maghrib Islamic institue... www.almaghrib.org

Has anyone taken its classes?

I took the Light of Guidance 101 and currently taking Islam Invurnable..!!

Please share your experience..!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Haneefah   

^Salam sis, it's been a good while..how are you dear? smile.gif

Yes, I have heard of the institute a while back, and I've recently seen the founder at RIS4 but I haven't taken any seminars yet. How did you find the courses yourself?

I'd love to take the Conquest, Code Evolved, and Purification Act seminars....Fiqh of love sounds interesting as well...but unfortunately, none of these are being offered in Toronto which is the nearest to me. I hope they're thinking about introducing more seminars here in the near future Insha'Allah.

Jazakallah Khair dear for sharing the info...

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Abrar...so sorry to have taken so long to answer your question sis...actually Light of Guidance is scheduled for March 10-12 and 17-19 insha Allah...!! They are almost running out of seats so if you would like to register go to http://www.almaghrib.org/enroll.php

That was my first class, it was basically about Aqeedah...it was so sad how little i knew about Tawheed....truely has an after effect on you....Alhamdulilah its a good one...!! I would have taken the class again but I'll be taking Code of Scholars in Windsor on the same weekend insha Allah...!!

Let me know if you do sign up for it...!!

P.S. Yeah, it's been so long that i didnt come here, i see so many new names, i get confused, i read and i just run...!! I'm doing good, thanx for askin'...hope the same for u...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Haneefah   

Salam sis...I can understand your confusion with the name changes...it's become quite common around here, u should join us ;)

So I have finally registered for the course alhamdulilah. I figured I could use some upgrading and recapturing on my aqeedah, and I'm absolutely positive there's much more I stand to learn. I'm looking very much forward to it Insha'allah, though I have yet to receive all the course details.

The one you'll be doing during the same weekend sounds quite interesting as well...It just won't be very feasible for me to come to Windsor :( But I hope sister Tamina and her sisters are informed, I'm sure they'd want to attend since they live in the area.

Again, Jazakallah Khayr sis.

Rahima   

About two years ago I attended on of their courses on Fiqh (not the one listed), rather it was on the, methodology of it. The best money ever spent, enjoyed it heaps and learnt more than I have ever in any Islamic class. It was taught by Br. Muhammad Shareef which was a bonus-he really is a fabulous speaker.

Looking foreword to others, but living in Australia the chance of that happening is slim.

Nevertheless I encourage you all to attend.

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Abraar...heeeeey girl...i'm so glad you enrolled...they actually announced on the forums that they have sold out....they'll be about 250-300 people taking that class insha Allah....!! Abaayo walaahi you will never forget that experience....i mean, because of that class i am a changed person...subhannallah....it is so amazing how it is easier to get closer to Allah when you learn about Allah...and that is what Aqeeda is all about....!! Enjoy Yasir Qadhi....i'v like listened to every lecture he has after the class...lol...talk about stalking.com...!! Anywhoo....let me know how it goes...and I dont know who Tamina is but please let her know about the class in windsor...would luv to meet some somalis in windsor...!! I'm kinda scared of Usool al Fiqh...for someone that is just now learning about Islam I kinda feel like the material is a bit advanced...but khayr insha Allah...!! I'm also looking forward to a class in Indianapolis about Fiqh of Love...lol....!! For you to prepare for the class i'd suggest going to ww.audioislam.com and listen to Sharh Kitab Attawheed by the same instructor...!! I dont know about you but to me Tawheed was a totally new subject when i took the seminar....i had to call my brother and tell him "i learned today about something called Tawheed Arruboobiya, Aluuhiya and Asma wa Sifaat, does that exist?" Let's just say my brother was almost heart broken when he find out i didnt know...he is much happier with me now...!! (Yeah this whole changing names business is driving me nuts, its one of the reasons i wasnt coming here much, i was totally confused with the people who seemed to have been posting a lot and i didnt know them...lol...)

Rahima....I heard they used to have AlMaghrib in Australia...why did it stop....!! They closed it in Columbus Ohio cuz the community was not so active or something....i pray that we get it back cuz this whole travelling business is gonna offset itself with my school schedule soon...!! Was the class you took Usool AlFiqh or Evolution of Fiqh....i'm taking the Usool one soon insha Allah...!! I'v never seen Muhammad AShareef in real life but i'v heard so much that i cant wait insha Allah...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Blessed   

^Wa Salaam,

London, between June and July when I'm there lol. Jokes aside, I'm surprised that they haven't been to the UK, yet. There's a great need and a very active Muslim community in terms of seeking knowledge.

An online course would be good too, I've been to their website and www.khubah.com. They appear to have a very talented web designer so an interactive web class can be added. It's a good way of reaching Muslims everywhere including poor little me in dead Oh Man ;)

Can you mention this in forum for me? smile.gif

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Blessed sis i think they did have it in London but i think it got cancelled like Australia...!! About online classes....i think there are other institutes that offer correspondence classes....i'll find out and tell you insha Allah...what do you say we start together....???? Seriously...i'd like to have a partner and I'm quite thirsty for it...!!

The one and only....sis/bro, AlMaghrib i think goes where ever there is a huge demand for it....they have to see actions...check out their website and forums....you'll learn a lot....!! Unless you're in Columbus (we got shut down :( ), there is hope for you insha Allah...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Rahima   

Rahima....I heard they used to have AlMaghrib in Australia...why did it stop....!! They closed it in Columbus Ohio cuz the community was not so active or something....i pray that we get it back cuz this whole travelling business is gonna offset itself with my school schedule soon...!! Was the class you took Usool AlFiqh or Evolution of Fiqh....i'm taking the Usool one soon insha Allah...!! I'v never seen Muhammad AShareef in real life but i'v heard so much that i cant wait insha Allah...!!

They had one weekend session- Usool Al-fiqh which was the one I attended. I’m not sure why they returned, but we have our own now. Al-Kawthar institute which is the same and just as fantastic alxamdullilah.

As for Usool Al-fiqh, it was amazing. Your head will be done in, so much to take in but so interesting. You’ll enjoy it immensely no doubt and Muhammad Al-Shareef in an excellent presenter.

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

We are almost at the end of Usool al Fiqh and i must admit....it is soooooooooo much information and its just like wow.......very interesting....just when you think you have a good amount of Islamic knowledge Usool comes and humbles like there is no tomorrow....so now i feel like Islam has soooo many different angles you can learn it from so insha Allah my learning experience will never end...!!

Abrar.....how is your second weekend of LOG....would luv to hear all about it...hope you are enjoying it...!! Hint. I know you took the class because I know of someone you know....!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Haneefah   

Salam

Honesita, May Allah (SWT) bless you and reward you immensely for inviting me and 'A' (and however many more ppl that I don't know of) to this absolutely wonderful and extremely beneficial course. I loved it wallah. As you said, and as many of the students felt, it's amazing how much you discover you didn't know and how much more crucial knowledge of aqeeda you gain. And I won't even start talking about how brilliant shaikh Yasir was; such patience and humility, not to mention sense of humour masha'Allah :cool:

In addition, the Islamic spirit was of course very much felt, very pleasing and fulfilling to be among students of knowledge alhamdulilah. I learned of Qabeelat Majd as well (I'm officially a member too, so me gots to represent from now on smile.gif ), but honestly, Al-Maghrib in general just rocks. Once you taste it, you get hooked, innit? I was also extremely surprised that great number of Somali sisters attended the course as well as brothers, more than I've ever met in an Islamic event/course :cool:

Unfortunately, one sad and shocking incident took place during one of the days where this dude attempted to run down a group of brothers while yelling some racial/hateful slur, only one brother (Somali) was hit and sustained some injuries while the others escaped alhamdulilah. This came as a huge shock to all of us, the fact that it took place in Toronto which is known for its diverse and multiculturalism. Subhanallah, times have changed, and we just need to be highly alert at all times. :(

ps: are we on for ilm fest in Chicago? smile.gif I'm determined to come and bring along couple of sisters Insha'Allah, if everything goes well. Oh and I just have to announce that our next course in early June will be Rizq Management with Muhammad Alshareef! Yeeey!

pps: I bought some of shaikh Muhammad's CD's and boy is he ever an amazing speaker and daa'i, Masha'Allah.

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Abraaaaaaaaaaaar...god abaayo i looooooove you for the sake of Allah...!! Walaahi you just cant imagine how excited i am to read what u posted...yani i got tears in my eyes when you said Shaykh Yasir Qadhi.....gabar...i'm addicted to the brother....i bought every ilmquest.org cd he has...(not all exactly but a large portion) and subhana Allah the more you listen to him you feel your Eman increasing...Muhammad Alshareef calls it Eman Rush...and yes indeed....Muhammad Alshareef is an amazing speaker.....my friend now thinks she's married to him.......lol.....he has a story telling to every lesson and its just so....walaahi abaayo words are never enough to describe AlMaghrib and what i learned through it....!! Believe it or not abaayo the first time i went to an AlMaghrib class i was forced...my friend paid for it, i was not wearing hijab (real hijab) and i was so bad with prayers....and i can only say now that i Thank Allah then Yasir Qadhi and AlMaghrib for everything i do...!! We had Muhammad Alshareef last weekend for Usool alFiqh....and i'll tell you that he is sooo happy with Qabeelat Majd....!! I was so disappointed about our Qabeela in Columbus closing (Hayl) but when i see Ittihaad and hear what Majd does i feel like we deserved it....(yeah, we are that bad)...!!

I read about the brother that was hit by the car...but i never knew he was Somali...subhanna Allah i pray for his well being....they said he was a lot better now so insha Allah, Allah will reward him for the injuries...!! I'm glad to hear many Somalis were representing...!! Here in Columbus (Zero, 0, Nooo) Somali brothers ever showed up for the classes, but we had about 10 somali sisters in the last class....!! The girls in windsor were wondering why the somalis werent so open to AlMaghrib type of institutions or seminars and I had a couple of different theories for it one of them being the famous somali saying of "diin lacag lagama bixiyo, you dont pay money for religion"...and the fact that many of the ones in Columbus were just not aware of it....but Toronto is a bigger community with more Somalis that are very well diversified so it was easier to get the word to them...am i right or were the numbers of Somalis relatively small....!!

R you questioning whether i am in or not for the ilmfest.....sweetie....i just cant wait for April 21st....its gonna be a weekend of wonders insha Allah...!! I am so happy to hear you are coming...is "A" coming as well?....we are related but we never met...i dont know any one in Chi-Town, but they'll be providing accommodations....i'm trying to get as many as my friends as possible....but so far it aint lookin' so good....i aint giving up though insha allah...!! I just dont know what to say to mom...cuz the traveling is kinda getting out of hand...!! I'm going to Fiqh of Love in Indiana in 2 weeks insha allah and then my next class after that would be Sciences of the Quran in either June or July in Michigan or Maryland....which ever one works out better....!!

By the way you need to start studying for the exam right away....the exam for log was not hard but it was not easy either...quite tricky (maybe for me cuz i was not ready)...but to help you study listen to Sharh Kitab Attawheed for Yasir Qadhi, its on www.audioislam.com aqeeda, actions relating to the Muslim....!!

Yesssssss, i talk a lot and i really have a lot more to say but hopefully we'll meet in few weeks...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah