Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

In Answer to Carafaat's Somali Pan-Nationalism

But you consciously typed 'Somalia' when entering this site, right? And just to tell me you have no 'linkage' with it. How many other countries' sites that you have no 'linkage' do you visit and comment that you have no linkage with it?

Freedom   

come to this site to debate, and unlike other in this site i dont take personal attacks aganist inviduals i just stated my views, i have no linkage to the south or north east. I visist also UAE forums, and Ethiopian ones as well and of course somaliland forums lol.

Carafaat;761695 wrote:
Somali nationalism as most people know it has died a long time ago. Wounded by clannism, corruptiion, war, diictatorship.

And it has delivered 0 for the people

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;762124 wrote:
It may have 'died' on you, but certainly not to me and those who I associate with. We all still believe firmly in Soomaalinimo and Soomaaliweyn. As a great children's t-shirt slogan went by in '90s:
Soomaaliya is my country, no matter what happens

MMA,

Without delving into the usual sermons and 'qiiro'-filled homilies about the good, old days when this family had a 'LandCruiser' outside the villa in Mogadishu, what exactly has the 'Somali-brand' of nationalism delivered to the Somali people for the last 50 years? Why didn't Djibouti opt to join that 'nationalistic' project when its 'Somali elite' where finally given independence? Given the resources the Somali state had expended to win independence for Djibouti?

This concept of 'Somali nationalism' has to be rethought! Look at the mess left in its wake today in the former Somalia. Carafaat claimed it was "Wounded by clannism, corruptiion, war, diictatorship." I disagree; rather nationalism was used as a cover for 'clannism, corruption, war, and dictatorship'.

There is a natural bond between Somalis all over the globe. I've already agreed with that statement in previous postings. No Somali sees another Somali as a foreigner. But if the history of the Somali state for the last 50 years is anything to go by, that bond is definitely not a political bond. Why expend so many lives and resources on something that's obviously not working?

Mintid.

''There is a natural bond between Somalis all over the globe. I've already agreed with that statement in previous postings. No Somali sees another Somali as a foreigner. But if the history of the Somali state for the last 50 years is anything to go by, that bond is definitely not a political bond. Why expend so many lives and resources on something that's obviously not working?''

THUMPS UP

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;762124 wrote:
It may have 'died' on you, but certainly not to me and those who I associate with. We all still believe firmly in Soomaalinimo and Soomaaliweyn. As a great children's t-shirt slogan went by in '90s:
Soomaaliya is my country, no matter what happens

MMA, there are many diffrent varieties and forms of Nationalism out there. Somali nationalism (as invented in the 40's) was buildon uniting the 5 territorities in one country under, one goverment and one rule(Somaliweyn/greater Somalia) or politics/territory.

I am ony stating that Somali's dont agree mostly on politics/territory, not even to which country they belong(******ia, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia,Somaliland, Somalia??). But there are many many other things we agree on and share, you may even call it Somalinimo.