Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Amin Amir on Samatar

abtigii,

he supported Barre when the north was under bombardment.

he supported maxaakiimta cos he thought they could get rid off SL.

I care less if he is somaliweyn or not but I think you very well understand my truth.

I don't doubt Hadrawi is inclined toward somaliweyn & I believe him if he chooses to make public.

Abtigiis;760548 wrote:
and a man who decided to do something about his country's politics unlike others.

And what did he do exactly for 20 years ??

Somalia   

I do not get the attack, I think Amin Amir went a bit too far, I get he has no favouritism but this attack against a fellow nationalist, that I do not see the point of.

The Samatar brothers have shown themselves to be hardcore nationalists, going across clan lines to make their point.

N.O.R.F   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;760494]Garbage. Very immature and amateur cheap political cartoon.

Cheap yes. Political no.

Again, AA has a go at those who are, in his view, working against Somalia and it's interest and then has a go at those who oppose those who are working against Somalia and it's interests. The man needs to sort out his priorities.

NGONGE   

^^ Hado ninka sanifay, isn't that a point in itself? :D

The point being made here is very clear and actually true (regardless of the goodness or badness of Samatar).

N.O.R.F   

I thought he was a political cartoonist? Nin baan sanifay maaha 'a point'.

I will draw AA myself and post it on here soon. I was quite the artist in school. Bal iga war suga :D

Carafaat   

Dont forget that Amiir doenst make the news he simply makes commentary in the form of a cartoon relating to current events or personalities.

For example, see this recent thread below where many comments are very critical or negative towards the Samater brothers.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/59951-Professor-Axmed-Ismacil-samatar-There-is-hardly-any-Somalia-any-more?highlight=Professor

NGONGE   

^^ Norf,

You're being silly now. The "nin baan sanifay" idea is linked to politics, is it not? Aren't the Samatars always ready to speak into the first mic that gets shoved into their faces? Dee what's the problem marka?

p.s.

You still do not understand caricatures, saaxib. The minute you get that, you'll get everything that AA says. :D

N.O.R.F   

^Dee nin baan sanifay is not a point. Its personal. Its not politics. Drawing the brothers simply commentating on Somali affairs isn't 'a point'. Their messages/stances are. He is attacking their persona and not their messages. Wax fahan.

NGONGE   

^^ If he makes a caricature of Sharif, his supporters too will say it's personal. If he makes one of Siilaanyo, you will say it's personal, etc.

The brothers are in the public eye (BY CHOICE), they have spent the past twenty years commentating on Somali POLITICS. They have (more or less) monopolised the airwaves and because of the changing nature of Somali politics, they too have been changing their stances. AA is perfectly correct in pointing these two issues out (media warlords & opposing all things).

That's the whole point of a caricature, saaxib. POINTING OUT and MOCKING the RIDICULOUS. Wax fahan dee.

I agree with NORF Nin baan sanifay siyaasad maha ma dhocil yar ba oo afka buuraysa oo nin ka wiswistay you need to be against his political ideas or something hebel baan sanifay xaajo rageed maha.