Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Playing basketball late at night !

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Im really concerned about the Somali youth in my neighbourhood ,and to be honest Iam outraged about the fact that some Somalis will play basketball till 2.a.m shouting and laughing while you're desperatly trying to get some sleep.

But besides my lack of sleep ,I was wondering why would some parents let their kids play basketball so late at night specially when these parents complain about the violence on the streets? Those kids are often between 13 to 20 of age and I believe their parents should taught them not to go outside after a certain time. In fact , you should be in your bed at those hours.

Interesting though , I noticed that all the players were either Somalis or Afro-Canadians (except 1 or 2), most of the time no whities. So I was wondering if some whites are smart enough to sleep, instead of playing late at night , why didnt Somalis figure that out?

I also noticed the absence of girls ,so should I believe that it is OK for guys to be out no matter how young they are? To me guys or girls should be kept at home after Magrib , unless they have something else to do , but thats not an excuse for parents to stop supervising their offsrings. I often see those kids play during the afternoon so why the need to play again at night?

So Im asking you ,what should be done to stop this? I think its an important issue because the parents should be educated as well as their children.

Qac Qaac   

Bombina i disagree... see sis lately there has being lots of violence by the kids of the same age u mentioned...

and for them to stay away from crimes.. is for them to play b-ball (basketball) the reason is that they'll be playing for 3 to 4 hrs everyday.. they'll be tire in the next 2hrs... so there atleast 6-7hrs everyday those kids don't be committing crimes.. as a matter of fact i would encourage all the kids to play ball.

usually b-ball players.. don't adapt to smoking, or smoking up. or girls, is when they stop playing when they start doing all those other things... i agree with u in away. they should be stoped and instead of them playing, teach them something... but u know how this kids are.... they would never open a book... so the next best thing we have for them is to let them shoot around. it would keep away from lots of bad things....