Sign in to follow this  
Knight of Wisdom

Turkey To Build East Africa's Largest Children's Hospital in Mogadishu, Somalia

Turkey to build East Africa’s largest children’s hospital in Mogadishu

Today's Zaman

November 02, 2011

Turkey plans to build the largest children’s hospital in East Africa in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, the Anatolia news agency reported on Tuesday.

The children’s hospital will be funded and constructed by Yardım Eli Aid Association and will contain 100 beds. The facility in which the hospital will be located will also include an education center, a mosque and a guest house.

Mehmet Çitil, the coordinator for the association’s activities in Somalia, told Anatolia that the infant mortality rate in the country has reached as high as 60 percent and that two-thirds of deaths are due to various infectious diseases and that one-third are due to starvation.

Stating that the country’s health system has been completely devastated, Çitil explained, “The children’s hospital that we are about to construct will be the biggest in East Africa, as Somali Health Ministry officials have also confirmed.”

Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdağ, who is scheduled to visit Mogadishu on Nov. 17, will attend a ground-breaking ceremony for the hospital, which we will be constructed as part of a campaign titled “Don’t Let Somali Children Die.”

Stating that an education center, a mosque and a guest house are also included in the plan for the facility, Çitil added that Turkish doctors and nurses associated with Yardım Eli will work in the hospital. Yardım Eli is also providing food aid in Somalia and operates an orphanage in the country.

Source: Today's Zaman

Copyright © 2011 WardheerNews.com

http://wardheernews.com/News_2011/Nov/02_Turkey_to_build_childrens_hospital_in_Mogadishu.html

Thank you Turkey. Personally, I've always been interested in Turkey and it's beautiful women. This newly formed alliance between Turkey and Somalia and Turkey's attention towards helping and lending a hand to Somalia will surely give me an advantage in helping me get familiarize with the Turkish culture and perhaps end up marrying a Turkish woman.

Istanbul here I come. Muahahah !

Knight of Wisdom - they might withdraw their support and aid if you marry one of their women. Dont ruin it for Somalia.

I'm going to visit Turkey in 2012 InshaAllah... my holiday pennies need to go somewhere worthwhile like Turkiya.

Johnny B   

-Serenity-;755574 wrote:
Knight of Wisdom - they might withdraw their support and aid if you marry one of their women. Dont ruin it for Somalia.

I'm going to visit Turkey in 2012 InshaAllah... my holiday pennies need to go somewhere worthwhile like Turkiya.

Beleive you me , you won't be disappointed.

places like Ankra, Adana, Istanbul are such attractions , you'll sure want to have your pie of that / and moderen Constantinabuls. ;).

Knight--No wonder beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I grew up with Turks all my life, and their women are far from beauties(shid my best friend is going to kill me Yikes) there are a few that are rare beauties like every race. Bosnian women one the other hand, they are truly gorgeous and so are their men. But they are not pious lot! Istaqfurullah.

But I do dearly love the Turks though, they have a sense of Islamic brotherhood. And times like today that is what we need.

Somalia   

GaroweGal;755788 wrote:
Knight--No wonder beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I grew up with Turks all my life, and their women are far from beauties(shid my best friend is going to kill me Yikes) there are a few that are rare beauties like every race. Bosnian women one the other hand, they are truly gorgeous and so are their men. But they are not pious lot! Istaqfurullah.

But I do dearly love the Turks though, they have a sense of Islamic brotherhood. And times like today that is what we need.

^^ Turkish women do consider themselves to be on top of the world, but I think you are talking about Kurds not Turks, I grew up with them too.

Kurds? I am not really sure what your talking about? I know the difference between Kurds and Turks but as far am aware there are no Turkish chicks in the Punt!. As I said in my earlier post I spent most of my life with Turks so I know them quite well.

Somalia   

Well, Turkish women are not bad looking, there's Kurdish Turks who claim Turkish nationality, I thought that might have been the ones you grew up with. I've grown up with them as well and they are quite good looking, as are Armenians.

Ariess   

if its helping and uplifting somali burden is good and welcome,

but turkey wanna spread its democracy in somalia.it remainds to be seen.

Yunis   

Knight of Wisdom - Last night in Nairobi, I met one prominent Turkish Doctor, who flew in from Xamar on Sunday on his way to Istanbul and who is key player of this project.

As much I was encourage by his hope / aspiriration for somalia, I couldn't help but notice his disapointment with the incompetent TFG hollogans.

Thanks to the Turkish government and people. We have a longstanding relations, since the days of Ahmed Guray Turkey supplied and supported Somalia.