Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

I'm going to Mogadishu in December 2011

having met some wonderful southern business-men just the other day in hargeisa, i've decided that i'll be going to Mogadishu against all caution and common sense. its always been my destiny to visit this most peculiar of places; that you hear so much about. its time to put xamaar to the litmus test and to see how it fares.... i hear business is on the up and its apparently safe for dirta waqooyi to visit without being attacked or robbed...... we exchanged contact details but these guys have that archetypal al-shaabab would-be suicide bombers/ street militia look, so i'll need to do more research and see if its really that safe.

i'll update you all on the progress of this epic visit. i wonder who'll meet me at aadan caade airport, maybe sharif himself. i will need to organise some activities too, maybe some of you who are indigenous to this part of the somali world can give me ideas of what i can do there..any specific places of interest, nightlife or any important buildings etc.

Somalia   

I hope you don't get kidnapped and your family has to pay ransom. Wallahi, I hope that doesn't happen inshallah.

Good luck, keep the forum posted with pics.

these guys have that archetypal al-shaabab would-be suicide bombers/ street militia look,

:D:D .......... I should inform the FBI & MI6 that you're joining the militants

Somalia;754415 wrote:
I hope you don't get kidnapped and your family has to pay ransom. Wallahi, I hope that doesn't happen inshallah.

Good luck, keep the forum posted with pics.

i don't think i'll be kidnapped. why would i be kidnapped? do i look white or am I an official representative of her Majesty's government. after seeing the way that recent somaliland delegation was received, i think i'll be fine.

Jacaylbaro;754417 wrote:
:D:D
.......... I should inform the FBI & MI6 that you're joining the militants

loool@JB,

these militants represent destruction and social decay and have no interest in establishing peace and dialogue.

just for reference; i hope dirta wooqoyi isn't an offensive/pejorative term. i consulted my colleague and she said ''its called 'that' because somaliland has a more fertile land and 'better' looking wildlife and plants'' lool.... and that's 11 yrs behind behind the desk.

no need to visit somaliland embassy, i'll get my somali passport from suux hoose ee hargeisa for $70. lol.

I'm going to Mogadishu in Dec too ,but mine is not pleasure trip like yours!as I'm going to work there. i have never been there before nor i know any one in the city! , so i will not be of any help on your site seen and nightlife tour in Mogadishu.

Juxa   

not sure what to make of your post, but you could use change of attitude, mogadishu is not peculiar place, it is just like any other african city you have seen, destroyed by civil war.

allow yaa shabuug la dhaca

depends what sort of business will you be doing in xamar, if you plan to sell qat in bakaare market that's different story . At least three people in this thread are going to there. What's really happening in that city to have all this attention ?