Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Lets give Azania a chance.

Carafaat   

-Somali warlords may return after the power vacuum left by al Shabaab.

-By law, the TFG is required to support the creation of regional governments. It failed doing so and didnt create other options or any regional dialogue or roadmap.

-Azania is so far the most inclusive and divers platform for the region established after months of dialogue between traditional elders.

-Ethiopia's opposition and Kenya's support for Azania means regional power balance eachother in Somalia. Without one getting the upper hand in Somalia.

-Azania's leader Ghandi is skilled leader who is not from the region but managed to gather support from Kenya, many Somali's in Kenya, numerous Somali clans living in Jubba areas, etc.

-Ghandi is an anthropologist and geneologist (an exception to the many military men in region) which could become usefull in one the most ethnicly and culturaly divers regions of Somalia.

There are not many other options on the table. So lets be constructive and give Azania a chance.

The Zack   

Carafaat, you raised good points but I don't think Azania needs to be given a chance by anyone other than its own locals. The rest can oppose it as much they want.

Carafaat   

Zack, indeed the locals decide. But outside support is needed as well. Somali's from diffrent segments in diaspora form an destructive force who can mobolize opposition.

NGONGE   

Azania seems to be the spanner in the works. It is the infamous cat amongst the pigeons and it is the one that confused everyone from Sheikh Sharif all the way to our tempremental A&T. If there were no Azania, this Kenyan invasion would have been simple and ALL would have supported it. But Azania is forcing people to be creative with their positions (the pride of A&T, the "Somalis should do it for themsevles" of Xiin and the "Sheikh Sharif wuxu yedhi" of Oba). Carabtu waxay tidhaahda: Fii shay! :D

The Zack   

NGONGE;753817 wrote:
Azania seems to be the spanner in the works. It is the infamous cat amongst the pigeons and it is the one that confused everyone from Sheikh Sharif all the way to our tempremental A&T. If there were no Azania, this Kenyan invasion would have been simple and ALL would have supported it. But Azania is forcing people to be creative with their positions (the pride of A&T, the "Somalis should do it for themsevles" of Xiin and the "Sheikh Sharif wuxu yedhi" of Oba). Carabtu waxay tidhaahda: Fii shay!
:D

:D :D

Abtigiis   

Azania is a divisive project in a region with diverse clans. It won't heal old wounds, it will reiginite them. The issue of Kismayo as a city of rer-hebel or rer-hebel will come up again. It shouldn't come to being. But I am amazed by the people who prefer Alshabab to Azania. Is our clanishness that deep? That deadly?

If Gandi sets up his tent in Kismayo, would he be bombing children in schoold? Yes, he is a crazy man with crazy ambitions. But he is not a medievial fanatic who will answer to no one. Let us tell the truth. The other day I met another Tolka guy who was upset with Gandhi because according to him Gandhi has given all posts to other clans.

AYOUB   

Azania is a divisive project in a region with diverse clans. It won't heal old wounds, it will reiginite them. The issue of Kismayo as a city of rer-hebel or rer-hebel will come up again. It shouldn't come to being. But I am amazed by the people who prefer Alshabab to Azania. Is our clanishness that deep? That deadly?

We're surprised you are surprised today. Why weren't you surprised when Xiin said to Gabbal (aka HornAfrique) he prefers Shabaab to Barre Hiiraale's clan militia? :) The answer: Azania.

PS if Kenya does not drop the Azania plan, Mogadishu warlords will back sooner rather than later.

Abtigiis   

There is a limit to everything. A red line. Opposing a clan militia that is fighting Alshabab is clannish in today's Somalia. Anyone who is fighting Alshabab must be supported and anyone who hides behind nationalist garb for clan conisderations must know he is nude. I don't have to oppose Azania for the sake of running away from nasty labels. If Uzunia comes to being and fights Alshabab, I will support it. If Barre Hiirale attacks Alshabab, I will support it. I believe Alshabab are the biggest enemy to Somalia today. Full stop. Having said that, I still don't think Azania is the best construct to fight Alshabab with. I belive so much of this useless accusations could have been avoided if Gandhi and his people would have gone to Mogadishu and take orders from the TFG.

PS if Kenya does not drop the Azania plan, Mogadishu warlords will back sooner rather than later.

Fully agree. It is my worry too. Perhaps we should lobby Yusuf Xaaji and the backers of this plan to stop it. It will give excuse to others to bring back the old system. By the way, in those days when Alshabab were on their ascendence, Xinn could be forgiven for prefering them to Bare Hiiraale. There were different considerations then. We didn't know how deadly they are. But now,now, give me Hiiraale a million times.

Polanyi   

-Ghandi is an anthropologist and geneologist (an exception to the many military men in region) which could become usefull in one the most ethnicly and culturaly divers regions of Somalia.

Very original.

Gacuur, Azania is so far the most inclusive and divers platform for the region. Do you have a better option?

yes i have..

I belive so much of this useless accusations could have been avoided if Gandhi and his people would have gone to Mogadishu and take orders from the TFG

THIS.