Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Queen is a Gunner

N.O.R.F   

The Queen is a Gunner

Aston Villa may be able to claim the support of a future monarch, but the current incumbent supports Arsenal, it has emerged.

The Queen, like her late mother, has been a keen follower of the Gunners for 50 years according to reports.

Second in line to the throne, Prince William is widely recognised to be a fan of Aston Villa. He was born in 1982, the year the Midlands giants won the European Cup.

Players and officials of Arsenal were invited to a reception at Buckingham Palace in February after the Queen had to pull out of opening their new Emirates Stadium in October because of a bad back.

Arsenal's Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas said the Queen told him that she was a fan.

"It seems the Queen follows football and she told us she was an Arsenal fan. She appeared to definitely know who I was and we exchanged a few special words," he said.

A royal source told The Sun newspaper: "Her Majesty has been fond of Arsenal for over 50 years. Her late mother was a self-confessed Gooner, due largely to her admiration of their former player Denis Compton."

Compton, who played for England at football and cricket, won the league with Arsenal in 1948 and the FA Cup in 1950.

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=4737311

SoMa_InC   

^^^Very funny. The Queen supports Arsenal and their is one or two players English players who play for the club at the moment. May be she was a die-hard fan who started supporting them when the club was pure English with the likes of David Seaman, Martin Keown, Tony Adams & Dixon.

I think she should support Chelsea since we are the only club with so many English players in the national team. John Terry, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge and Ashley Cole to name a few. Not forgetting the fact that John Terry is the Captain of the national team. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Terry got the captaincy because of the favourable London press who are anti scouse.

Gerrard, Carragher, Crouch, Carson (LFC player)

Arsenal - none LoL

Man Utd - Neville, Ferdinand, Rooney (Richardson, Brown, Green)

^^^Lol, I see you guys are still going about your business.

But really, this goes to show that Queen don't give a damn about clubs being english or not, she picks the "fanciest" football thats played. I think her support goes way back to the Charlie George, Limpar, Rocastle et al days, maybe even pat rice's days.

We do have english players, Walcott and Hoyte but thats about it. The reserves are predominantly young english dudes tho.

A.J.   

Koyoti,

Sxb, most of your latest young stars to emerge have been mainly foreign. i mean take a look at Diarra, Eboue and the couple of lads on load at birmingham (Bendtner and Larsson. i think the last real english talent you produced was ashley cole and he mended his wrong ways by joining the Mighty blues.

Most sides will have loads of young english dudes in their reserves but they usually end up at lower leauge sides or decent prem side i.e. blackburn at best.

This goes for chelsea, arsenal, liverpool and man u although they perhaps have been the most successful in producing english players.

Back to the queen, I wouldnt be surprised if she was a royal gloryhunter :D , as she is the leader of the prawn sandwich brigade