Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Jack Layton dead at 61

Kool_Kat   

This is so devastating! :( I really liked Jack Layton...He was the only NDP leader that I could honestly say was a person of substance! Glad to have witnessed the progress he made for his party last election...

Oh well, life goes on...

Faheema.   

Seriously Aaliyah? Odaygan halgamay baa sidaa uga naxday?

Spare a little thought for the thousands of children dying of malnutrition each day walal

Kool_Kat   

Faheema, I'm pretty sure Aaliyah feels for her dying people each day, but as a Canadian, Layton's death is worthy of mention whether it's here or elsewhere...Ilaahayna dadkeena ha'u fududeeyo...

Aaliyyah   

Koolkat I liked him too, it is sad that he died so young..

Faheema who said I dont think abt them or pray for them daily..bt either way thanks for the advice.

salaam

Faheema.   

KoolKat, I don't think he's worth mentioning, but that's just my opinion.

Aaliyah, my point was merely to remind you to put things in perspective :)

Kool_Kat   

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” Jack Layton

I just finished reading the two page letter (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/laytons-last-words-love-is-better-than-anger-hope-is-better-than-fear/article2137381/) he wrote two days before his death, I couldn't hold back ilinta...RIP!

what the hell who is Jack Layton!!!?

we see on television and newspapers, how Somalia are suffering and how many children die every hour,

and you're talking about jack :mad: it's very bad timing, but xalimoz is always xalimo shame.

ElPunto   

War dadkaan wa yaab. It is possible to walk and chew gum. Simply commenting on this man's death doesn't mean starving Somalis are being ignored.

Jack Layton was a force for good in Canada. He will be missed.

Baarqab Qooqay;742223 wrote:
what the hell who is Jack Layton!!!?

we see on television and newspapers, how Somalia are suffering and how many children die every hour,

and you're talking about jack :mad: it's very bad timing, but xalimoz is always xalimo shame.

^^ Aflagaadada jooji saxiib. If you look at the forum, there are many active topics that have nothing to do with Somalia's famine. This news item deserves to be discussed because it is important to Canadians on this forum. Jack Layton was a good friend of the Somali community and his passing is significant in Canada's political landscape.

Let us respect one another and let Somali Canadians on the forum discuss topics that are newsworthy.

Aaliyyah   

^Good comment there, laakin waxba ha is daalin dadka qaar lama barin how to respect anyone..

tan kale mr sadex shaati aka mr barqaab ama ban him ama ignore him waxkale mesha ma yaalin

salam

Aaliyyah   

grasshopper and Elpunto I agree with you two he was a great man and worth remembering.

Koolkat thanks for sharing that quote. He was definitely inspiration. I loved listening to his speeches.