Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somalis Announce Their Christianity

Xaafadda Rinkeby ee degmada Istockholm ayaa maanta markii ugu horeeysay kaniisadda nawaaxigaa oo bishiiba mar kulan ku yeelata farsmagaalahaa ey kala soo qayb-galen soomaali masiixiyiin ah.

Wareeysi gaar ah oo aan la yeelanay mid ka mid ah soomaalidii goobtaa ka hadlaysay ayaan qayb ka mid ah wareeysigii aan la yeelanay halka idiinku soo gudbin doonnaa.

Listen to the Interview: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2172&artikel=4644787

Garnaqsi   
I say there should be more of this. People's beliefs shouldn't be dictated by just one prevalent religion. In my opinion, people should be free to follow any religion of their choice without societal ostracisation and without the dictation of a culture that favours just one.

Taleexi   

Naturally, people will criss cross among different faiths for whatever reason but Islamic faith remains to be the largest recipient of the converters thus far therefore nothing to be alarmend. Innaka la tahdii man ahbabta walakina Llaaha yahdii man ya'ashaa.

Garnaqsi   

Taleexi;741434 wrote:
Naturally, people will criss cross among different faiths for whatever reason but Islamic faith remains to be the largest recipient of the converters thus far therefore nothing to be alarmend. Innaka la tahdii man ahbabta walakina Llaaha yahdii man ya'ashaa.

Be careful here. Claims to be the fastest-growing religion are dime a dozen.

Garnaqsi   

Faarax-Brawn;741442 wrote:
Wikipedia is not a credible source. Do you have any other source to debunk his claim?

I wasn't debunking his claim. I was merely pointing out that many of today's religions make the same claim, and Wikipedia does good enough job for doing that. If you feel something is not right in there, then check the provided sources and citations yourself... On the other hand, now that you speak of sources, I'm wondering what studies (if any) he was relying on when making that claim.

Garnaqsi;741443 wrote:
I wasn't debunking his claim. I was merely pointing out that many of today's religions make the same claim, and Wikipedia does good enough job for doing that. If you feel something is not right in there, then check the provided sources and citations yourself... On the other hand, now that you speak of sources, I'm wondering what studies (if any) he was relying on when making that claim.

Understood. However, "doing good enough of a job" is not valid ground for producing evidence to thwart his claim(exaggerated or otherwise). But,i will make it easier on him and cite the same source as you...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam :) :)

Garnaqsi   

Faarax-Brawn;741445 wrote:
Understood. However, "doing good enough of a job" is not valid ground for producing evidence to thwart his claim(exaggerated or otherwise). But,i will make it easier on him and cite the same source as you...
:)
:)

It says Islam is 'one of the fastest-growing religions in the world.' I've no problem with that at all!

Yeah Acuudi bilahi i heard about it xiisad bey dhalisay ,,,Rinkeby waa xaafad waalan uu fiirsada waa lagu gooban doonaa xagjirin aa ka buuxo xaafadaas,, ilaahay xaqa ha tuso dadkaan gaaloobay..

would christians make same noise if was otha way which often we see.Nothing new; there were christians in somalia, albeit few. Michael Mariano was elected to parliament from Erigavo & then became ambassador & a minister!!

Garnaqsi   

Taleexi;741456 wrote:
Garnaqsi: My claim is open to any credible rebuttle - Nothing is written in stone. Many religious pundits penned down many researchs regarding this......... In my view nothing is 100% in life but the below link may further our discussion.

The writer of that article did exactly what you have done: make a claim without providing any support for it. I've no idea what basis he has for Islam being 'easily the world's fastest growing religion.' If I don't object to him making this claim without providing any studies in which this is shown, my earlier objection to you would become biased one in hindsight. Perhaps providing citations of studies was not necessary in the context in which article was written, but I'm afraid it doesn't get our discussion anywhere as it stands, Taleexi.