Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Somali students in China

AYOUB   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;739406 wrote:
I met this Soomaali dude in Calgary, Alberta, last year who, along with two others, arrived from Hong Kong a few months earlier.

It was said he had Hong Kongese 'girlfriend' impregnated back in Hong Kong.

Impregnated ah? Madhicikarto! Warkaa inagaso hubi.

Nina Fox;739398 wrote:
I lived in Beijing for 6 years as a child. My house was like a hostel for newbies who came to persue further education. Looking back at childhood albums I vaguely remember the famous Somali faces who visited us like Ex Prime Minister Hussein Kulmiye Afrah, Ex Minister of Something --Abdirashid Something (can't recall his surname), May Allah grant them Jannah.

They even had a huge Somali Riwayad at one point. The embassy invited fanaaniin from back home and Chinese dignitaries from the Ministry of Culture. All I remember is some fat woman braiding my hair and next thing I knew I was presenting a bouquet of flowers to Feynus, Qalanjo and Mandeeq in my house.

I hear they teach in English @ Universities now. Back in those days the anglo schools available were the Indian and Pakistani Primary/Highschools. My poor abti had to learn chinese for a year before he could do his Chemical Engineering. He literally locked himself up and immersed himself in the chinese culture and his degree for 5 yrs. Yaab badaanaa. My niece is planning Med School in Zhongguo *bless her little stirfry*.

Who in their right mind would wanna live in China? Mom had a hard time coz she couldn't shop for us. She used to go to Shanghai or Hongkong for decent gear. Sister and cousin went to Ghuang Zo in 2007 (coz the poor brats have no recollection of our time there coz they didn't exist). They told me a different story. Its bustling with multiculturalism, amazing malls, great restaurants. Still no decent gear for 5'11 ft tall giant xalimos *Maskiin*.

Now its less students and more Malis networking and shopping for business. My sister told me all you hear is "WARYAA MASTAR JAAN (Chan) II WAC KANTEENARKA II BUUK GAREEY DHEH" in the Hotel.

Thats some memory right there Nina

Nina Fox   

Faarax :) indeed. I could tell y'all some crazy childhood stories, but Im afraid you guys would disown me loolz

I was wrecking my brain to remember this guy Minister Abdirashid Sheikh Ahmed (Deputy Minister of Health and Minister of "WARFAAFINTA") dunno what the heck that is in English lolz. My mom would throw dacas at me for forgetting him coz he was one of the kind people who welcomed us in Somalia when we went back. Ilaahey ha u naxaristi Janno haka waraabiyo asiga iyo intii muslimiin eh oo dhimatey.

Anakana Allaha noo naxariisto aduun iyo aakhiro (Im on a humbling duco spree today Ilaahey Amarkiis)

Nina Fox;739992 wrote:
Faarax
:)
indeed. I could tell y'all some crazy childhood stories, but Im afraid you guys would disown me loolz

I was wrecking my brain to remember this guy Minister
Abdirashid Sheikh Ahmed
(Deputy Minister of Health and Minister of "WARFAAFINTA") dunno what the heck that is in English lolz. My mom would throw dacas at me for forgetting him coz he was one of the kind people who welcomed us in Somalia when we went back. Ilaahey ha u naxaristi Janno haka waraabiyo asiga iyo intii muslimiin eh oo dhimatey.

Anakana Allaha noo naxariisto aduun iyo aakhiro (Im on a humbling duco spree today Ilaahey Amarkiis)

Ameen ameen. Alow ducada noo badi. Ducada spree haa socoto.

Wazirka warfafinta is ministry of Information and Broadcasting.

Nina Fox;739890 wrote:
My brother's friend (a Somali girl) had a chinese baby. The kid has all the features but looks a little tanned, cappucino skin with little eyes. I haven't seen him but I bet he is adorable. And another friend of his had twins with a Malaysian girl.

Somalia marka lagu laabto aa jiraa walee,,,,,so many mixed kids speaking different languages sideey isku fahmi doonaan aan kasii naxsanahay.

those kids will not be accepted unless their father is somali.