Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

My people are daying.. I can do nothing but pray...

east-africa-famine-map-projection-for-ju

Prophet (SAW)'s Prayers

Dua For Rain

Recite:

اللَّهُمَّ أَغِثْنَا

"O Allah, listen to our plea (request)".

(Muslim)

Alternate dua for rain

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْزِلْ عَلَى أَرْضِنَا زِينَتَهَا وَسَكَنَهَا

"O Allah, beautify our land (i.e. let flowers grow) and give us peace (ease)".

(Abu Awonia)

Stop the meaningless celebrations...

How can we celebrate an anniversary when the people are dying in their thousands, when we are losing our future our children?

No more parties, more giving, more organizing..

Ina Lillahi wa ina ileyhi Rajicun, anyone with the slicest Iman, and Somalinimo are dying inside when confronted with whats going on in somalia, those poor kids. Ya Rabb ease they're pain. Allahuma sahil ummurahum.

Insha Allah, kuligood shuhadaa weeyey, dambi dhaaf iyo Janno bay u tahay dhibaatadaas ay marayaan. Indeed waxaa laga yaabaa, inay qaarkeen naga nasiib badan yihiin hadii loo eego booskooda Janada. Nabigun(salallahu alayhi wasalam) wuxuu xadiith ku yidhi Janada waxaa ku badan dadka fuqarada ah, therefor nabigu(salallahu alayhi wasalam) ayaguu ka ag dhawaan jiray.

Markaa because some of us have bread and water, ha u malaynina inaynu nasiib badanahay, walee waa imtixaan uun.

Qofkastow waxaad ummaddaas u tari kartid u tar, Allah ha laga cabsadoo fadhiga ha laga kaco.

I'm sure, boqol jeer baa hadalkaas lagu soo celiyey, but dhibaatadu waxaa weeye, dadkii wali way dhamaanayaan, abaartiina maysan joogsan, markaa Ilaa dhibaatadani joogsan waa la wadi, marnaba lagama daalayo.

Qofkii muslim iyo soomaali ahow maantay ummadaadii kuu baahantahay, booskaada ummadda yaanan laga soo galin.

Bal bil Ramadaana way soo socotaa e ka fakar dadkii masaakiinta ahaa ee soon ku jiray bilihii la soo dhaafay oo dhan, oo waliba gaajo u dhintay. cuntada yareeya bishanoo, lacagaha cuntada faraha ka badatay lagu soo gado, bal masaakiinta u dira.

Walaahay noloshiina aduun iyo aakhiraba waxaad dareemi doontaan inuu Allah isku toosiyoo habeeyo. Just try', And u'll see the different.

General Duke, waad ku mahadsantahay qiirada aad muujisay, walaahay waa wax laga naxoo qalbiga dhaqaajiya.

Juxa   

GD there is alot you can do, inta hada soo qortay is something as well

I agree Maskiin, this is a test on us all, each and everyone of us must do what they can. Eat less, go out less, shop less, celebrate less and send money. I would start with those close to you, old neighbours, old teachers.

Send to the mosques from xaafadahaada as many are running ifdaar kitchen , I think that is wonderful way to reach more people

Most of all hala duceeyo oo hala towbad keeno!

of couse you can do something, start your own private fundraising among friends and the local community, help the hungry children first they are the most important because they are the future of Somalia. The worst thing is to give up... in the long- term you should start a political organization by young educated patroitic somalis who returns to Somalia and works for the return of our lost nationhood, because without peace and a strong government this famine will not stop.

This drought has been a long time going. I'm perplexed that some [somalis] are becoming aware of it only now. I heard of people dying of starvation and thirst a year prior to the start of recent high-profile media coverage.

I'm sorry but many of these drought related threads seem at the least months and at the most years too late.

As for what one can do. What is really needed, besides emergency humanitarian assistance, is sustainable management of recurring drought as well as proper management and planning of natural resources.

I will also add that the reason the effects ofandthe responses tothe drought is worst in the conflict affected areas is not by chance. This is part of a sequence of interrelated long term problems which if not caused by, are exacerbated by conflict and lawlessness (as in this case).

Somalina   

U soo duceeya walaalaheena dhibaateysan. Waxaad u qaban kartaan u qabta.

Thank you Jenerale for the reminder. You're a great human being bro! MashaAllah.

Aaliyyah   

oh subhanalah these kinda of pics always brought tears to my eyes.. caruur yaryar oo gaajo hayso hoyooyin silcaya meel dheer oo fog ayeey iga taabata alle ha u sahlo!

Mr Duke I am glad that you didn't bother to post all these pics abt puntland celebrations and decided instead to post this...adiga puntland jacaylka u qabtid ismaba laheen ull overlook all the celebrations..I am so proud of you! and I am sincere walahi not trying to be funny..

Inshalah ilaahay haka dul qaado somali waxa haysta....somali aya somali maanta mesha xun dhigtay. Laakin ducada marnaba lama yareesto oo ilaahay inta xun meel hanaga mariyo...masaakintana ha u gargaaro..

salaam