Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Are you really praying?

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Allah states in a Hadith qudsi:

"Out of all the ways through which my servant gets closer to Me, Salah is the dearest to Me." (Bukhari)

Are we really praying salah? The whole intention of salah is to become conscious of Allah, if we're always thinking about a list of errands to accomplish what are we bowing for? To begin Salah one must have right intention:To connect to our creator. Do you figit around, play with your headscarf, stare at your surroundings, reading the quran without reading it, and then have you ever forgotten how many rakahs you've prayed? I HAVE!

Salah has become a burden to some these days, instead of enjoying salah for the relaxation of soul and mind it gives us, our butts can't get off the couch when the time for salah comes. How many ppl have been diagnosed with psychological problems,and depression, they spend thousands on mental medications, when the most inexpensive and effective medicine is SALAH.

I'm just stating how things are, Salah is the most important form of dhikr (rememberance), and we need to start really praying to Allah,for one during these hard times,salah and dua are the only weapons we need.

PhiL   

So so so so so so so so so true. I find myself thinking about my homework whilst I should be concentrating on my prayer. Why is it so hard? and i too have the problem of forgetting how many rakaah's I had done. So i start again.

Why can't i be more focused?

N.O.R.F   

Gr8 post modesty, only today this was mentioned in the khutba. Concentration is of the up most importance, this can be difficult when deadlines need to be met at work or uni/college/school.

Try yr best and insha allah, concentration shall come easily!