Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: Xalane gets fired

The Zack   

Finance Minister,Hussein Abdi Halane, has been fired by Shariif Sakiin.

According to the news I am receiving from back home, Shariif Sakin has finally succeeded in firing Xalane. This, according to this same news, was the main reason the TFG ministerial appointments have been postponed several times. Adeer Xalane has done great job while he held that position but obviously has failed to impress the Sakiin. Even though Halane made some unpopular decision while in in office, he was one of the main men behind Farmaajo admin's success as far as fighting against the corruption in the TFG. I was also told that Xalane was offered another post, i.e. Minister of Transportation but he turned that offer down claiming that he didn't want to be a "magac-u-yaal" wasiir. Speaking of Halane, the man has just been promoted to a member of board of directors in the SAVE the Children.

La soco waxii soo cusboonaado..

NASSIR   

As far as the formation of the cabinet is concerned, the same blunder made by Dr. ABDIWALI's predecessor might not be repeated even if the efforts to wean off some clans from their al-Shabab leanings don't succeed.

The Zack   

NASSIR;734706 wrote:
As far as the formation of the cabinet is concerned, the same
blunder
made by Dr. ABDIWALI's predecessor might not be repeated even if the efforts to wean off some clans from their al-Shabab leanings don't succeed.

You think Farmaajo's choice of ministers was wrong?

NASSIR   

Of course it was Mr. Zack unless you're feigning ignorance. Farmajo's blunders had nothing to do with how the qualifications of his cabinet ministers were vetted as everyone agrees but at his inclination to contravene the power-sharing formula. We're talking about a major political base being excluded from Somalia's peace process.

NASSIR   

The people of Sanaag and Haylaan regions and parts of Lower Juba.

In retrospect, the lean 18 # cabinet was first implemented by PM Nur Adde, and in that, the Maakhir regions were recognized as an integral part of the peace process.

Some regional experts attributed Farmajo's blunder as a conspiracy to wreck Puntland or divide its stakeholders.

We all know Farmajo was very hostile to both SL and PL.

The Zack   

^LOL. I see where you are coming from now. Just to interpret what you are saying into plain English: Farmaajo didn't give a ministerial to Reer Maakhir thus he did blunder on his choices. Am I correct? I think, my friend, Farmaajo has done great job in his choices because they did make a difference. After all, aint that what we are all after. Look at the big picture, sxb, the big picture. Personally, I seriously don't if no O shows up in the ministries as long as they qualify for the job and can/will get the country out of the mess.

Taleexi   

With all its shortcoming the short lived gov. of Farmaajo has revived a bit micnaha dawladnimo. Now he is gone the newly elected PM should learn whatever he can from the limited successes achieved under Famaajo. Hi guys when will the new cabinet be announced?

Saalax   

NASSIR;734710 wrote:
power-sharing formula. We're talking about a major political base being excluded.

NASSIR which is more important saving Somalia or your group not getting a minister at all?

2h30fbc.jpg

The Zack   

Som@li;734715 wrote:
Who cares, and what is the point ,isn't new cabinet being formed?

Abdiwali wanted to have Xalane keep his post, so yea it matters. Sakiin, the man in charge, didn't approve that.

NASSIR   

Zack, I reserve not the weaknesses of politicians if they have an agenda that directly or indirectly harms the public while trying to overreach their perceived namesis.

I was the first to acknowledge his achievements, but we should be able to separate the wheat from the chaff; Farmajo might had been driven by good intentions but in reality he was very venturesome and naive when it comes to treading the fine political line.

We can conclude from this short period of time that the power-sharing scheme was part of his blunders that cost us the failure of the TFG and the resultant stalemate btw the two Shariifs.

So Xalane joined Save the Children board? That is good move in light of the East African drought.

NASSIR   

Saalax, Unlike "Somaliland", my participation in Somalia's peace process helps it move forward and preserve its political union. Reality should dictate Somalia should not be hijacked by a certain group or corrupt individuals with ulterior motive.