Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Woman sues man over Facebook romance gone bad

LIVONIA, Mich. (WXYZ) - A Livonia woman devastated by a Facebook romance gone badly is suing the man who she says mislead her.

Cheryl Gray filed a civil lawsuit against Wylie Iwan, who lives in Kennewick, WA. The two first met while playing Mafia Wars on Facebook.

After a short time, their friendship grew into a romance. “We became very close. And he said how his conversations with me every day were the highlight of his days for months and how he was falling in love with me,” Gray told Action News.

For nearly six months, the Gray and Iwan spent as many as six hours online chatting. They also exchanged personal information including their phone numbers and private email addresses.

Gray filed documents with the 16th District Court in Livonia showing messages from Iwan that say, “I’m falling in love with you.”

Gray purchased airplane tickets to visit Iwan in April, but one week before she was supposed to go, he sent her a message saying he had met someone else.

Gray, a 50-year old single mom who is currently unemployed, now wants Iwan to repay her for the gifts she bought him during their 6-month relationship. She tells Action News she purchased more than $1200 in gifts, including a digital camera and tickets to the Seattle Mariners’ home opener.

Iwan, who is a 35-year old father of two children and works for Applebee’s, has repaid $300.

After the virtual break-up, Gray says Iwan humiliated her on Facebook by making vulgar comments which their 300 mutual friends could see.

On May 18, Gray filed the civil lawsuit against Iwan for misrepresentation, promissory estoppel, defamation of character and intentional infliction of emotional distress. She is asking for $8,386.88 in damages.

Action News attempted to reach Wylie Iwan for comment, but he did not return the phone call. His attorney, Julian Poota, said he would not be making an comments at this time.

Poota has filed a motion to dismiss the case because he believes the Livonia court does not have jurisdiction over his client. The two sides are expected to be in court regarding the motion to dismiss the case on August 1 at 9:00am.

Tan baba ugu daran intay internetka nin ka jeclaatay oo u kumbuyutar jacaylki meesha ka baxay bay tidhi war so ciyaar lacag $8,386.88 gaadhaysa, waleh wajibuug wax walba waad ku arki.

Aaliyyah   

lol anything that happens on facebook is usually nothing more than a joke and waqti lumis..

bt it seems with these two it went a little too far lol and she was buying him gifts? n what was she getting in return? seriously..

islaanta waxba ka qaldan. But, he should give her back every penny she spend on her gifts at least!..

Also, she is saying how he embarrassed her front of her 300 friends on fb, well with her suing him now she embarrassed herself front of the whole world..lmao

salaam

She bought him gifts so that he would continue the fake relationship online on facebook marku ka daalay bay xanaaqday oo ay tidhi lawyarkeygi meyey.;)

genius pauper.;734226 wrote:
am told or least assume that xx is an old man. marka waaban yaabahanay:confused::confused:

Just because i went to the Hadj and have a bit of ciro that does not mean i am an old man

Aaliyyah   

Just because i went to the Hadj and have a bit of ciro that does not mean i am an old man

lol I don't believe young ppl have cirro..at least say you have bidaar and be like oh it runs in the family lmao