Sign in to follow this  
Nina Fox

Indian embassy school, mogadishu

Nina Fox   

Its absurd how so many Xamarawians don't know that this school actually existed. They ask me and I see a puzzled expression. This was my school and Im proud of it. I miss my teachers and classmates. If any of you "admit" to going here between 1986-90 or know somebody who went there, please stand up and represent.

PS: Incase you are wondering where it was located, dont be shy, I'll tell you lol. It was first right next to the Chinese Embassy, and then the school moved behind Yaasin Cismaan school (next to the hospital).

My best friends were Liibaan, Samira, Ali, Hibo, Fatima, Suleyman, Farhiya, Hafsa, Mansoor, Amal, Hibaaq (she found me on facebook, bless her little heart), Amira + Samira (sisters). Im not gonna mention surnames (just incase you are on the police most wanted list or sum'in) lol

Nina Fox   

Mohammed;733756 wrote:
What was that? A school for Indians?

HAHAHAHAH Nice one. Not just for Indians, it was an International school. We had a lot of those in Mogadishu like The American Embassy School, The Egyptian School etc. Atleast 80% of the students were diplomat offspring. Ofcourse Xamar had a lot of Non-Somalis. Most of my teachers were Indians born in Somalia. Our dance teacher was related to the Kenyan Ambassador and my science teacher for a semester was from Ethiopia. My classmates were from Japan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Turkey to name a few. An interesting variety of confused people from all over the world tossed in one building. It was the best school ever, in my opinion. :)

Nina Fox;733751 wrote:
It was first right next to the Chinese Embassy, and then the school moved behind Yaasin Cismaan school (next to the hospital).

My best friends were Liibaan, Samira, Ali, Hibo, Fatima, Suleyman, Farhiya, Hafsa, Mansoor, Amal, Hibaaq (she found me on facebook, bless her little heart), Amira + Samira (sisters). Im not gonna mention surnames (just incase you are on the police most wanted list or sum'in) lol

i my self went Sh xasan barsane School which was front of Chines Embassy near casa Italia. in mogadishu 1980s there where lot of schools who had foreigner students, children of people who worked or lived in Mogadishu, here some pictures from Facebook 1980s.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=2496805118&view=all