Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

Advice needed for a Marriage back home

Marriage back home

A sister has met a practicing brother back home who has asked her hand for marriage. He seems really nice everything she has ever dreamed of but she is not sure if he really wants her or her passport. This sister is really confused she thinks she loves him but she doesn’t know wat to do next since he is in Somalia and she lives and works in the uk.

Any advice of what she can do, and how she can find out whether he wants her or just to get a British passport.

barakala feekum

NGONGE   

She should go with good intentions. If you’re saying he’s a practising brother why doubt his other intentions.

Anyway, the real issue that might put her off marrying him is the one to do with living arrangements. Will she be willing to live with him in Somalia or does she (and he) want to come and live in the country she’s in? If it’s the latter, has she looked into the details of that and how hard/easy it is to bring him there? How long would it take? What papers, proof of income and guarantees she has to provide? What jobs will he be doing when he arrives? Does he look like someone who has the temperament to cope with and live in the country she is in? Will he be happy with her (initially) providing for them? Will she?

Well i guess is all down to the circustances in which she met him, if he is relative .. i.e both families know each other then all good. but if they are stranger to each other then she needs to be carefull.

Is a known factor that girls and guys back home will love to hook up those abroad for the chance for a better future ( and i don't blame them for it )

Now Allahu waclum whats the intention of this guy but can the sister not find a suitable hussie closer to home.

My honest advice to the sister ... follow her heart and head at the same time ... if there is still doubt then just forget it.

Baashi   

Umi, call him and tell him you are moving to Somalia and this time you are staying for good. Examine how he reacts to your decision.

Ngonge , Hizb uk and baashi thankyou soo much for your replies may allah SWA reward you all and increase you in imaan.

Baashi jazakalakhair I will tell the the sis to do exatly wat u said thanks.

baashi, thats a good suggestion but what if he is ok with it, than what?

Ur friend generating any sort of doubt will not only echo through the relationship but the guilty feelings that can come after all mind game, may be hard to eliminate it later

so

I would suggest ur friend to excuse herself from getting married and be happy with her single life…

But if she must have to get married than, I would suggested ur friend to perceive this in a positive way. and to take the big leap....by doing this, She will not only get a good muslim man’s love but the very least, she will be helping another being to have a chance for a better life, where he can learn and maybe help others some day. :D

Nephissa   

If she wants to see what his intentions are, let her take a six month vacation to Somalia then decide. For all we know he could have three wives and a dozen kids. Given the differences of Somalia and UK, I think I'd try to get to UK however I could as well. I just hope for her sake that this is a good thing, and not a scam.

hodman   

Somalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa wax lagu talo xumaado waxaa ugu fiican guurka..basically there is always a good outcome even if it doesn't work out maybe a beautiful child and a learning experience. I think she should follow her heart. If he is a good person and a good muslim then she should go for it. Good luck.