Sign in to follow this  
S.O.S

Collective repentance

S.O.S   

Collective repentance

Dear brothers and sisters, let’s consult with each other so we may strengthen our Iman in Allah and steadfastness in our pursuance to please Him, seek his blessings and commit ourselves to His way.

I put forward to you the collective repentance hypothesis, which if proved to be correct, will make easier for us to unite in patience and perseverance. This follows:

If the best of all repentance is Hijrah and the best of all Hijrah is Jihad, then Jihad must be a collective repentance. If true, then, three conditions of repentance becomes necessary; a) regret, b) abandonment of the regretful action and c) vowing never to repeat.

If we do not wish to go back to the days of anarchy, chaos and wrongdoing, then Jihad must continue for many years to come!

Khalaf   

Originally posted by S.O.S:

then Jihad must continue for many years to come! [/QB]

just as they are screaming "jihad" in palestine, iraq, afganistan, kashmir, checneyia, they will do so in xamar no? and u know what S.O.S the muslim ummah including majority of somalis will go about their daily business.....majority of ppl dont care about ideology or who they live under sxb, they want peace, raise their families, and live their life.......a Party of Allah should work for the benefit of the ppl and not bring fitnah to them......hence why icu wont succeed, unless they change.

Nur   

Khalaf bro. writes:

" a Party of Allah should work for the benefit of the ppl and not bring fitnah to them "

Was it the tribalist Fitnah, deceptively forced upon the Somali nation by our enemies through warlords in TFG to break us apart as vengenece for the 1977 Somali Ethiopian war the source of Fitnah, ................. or was the ICU the source of the current Fitnah?

Nur

N.O.R.F   

The 'fitnah' of bringing peace to southern Somalia?

You say the Somali people do not care who they live under so long as there is peace. I ask you, was Xamar ever as peaceful as it has been over the past 5 months in 16 years?

You pre-emptied your own argument.

ElPunto   

^Perhaps he means the fitnah of agreeing to sit down and talk with your enemy(as per a peace loving Muslim) then one day later attacking him in his small stronghold thus leading to the disaster currently unfolding in Somalia.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Nur:

Khalaf bro. writes:

"
a Party of Allah should work for the benefit of the ppl and not bring fitnah to them "

Was it the tribalist Fitnah, deceptively forced upon the Somali nation by our enemies through warlords in TFG to break us apart as vengenece for the 1977 Somali Ethiopian war the source of Fitnah, ................. or was the ICU the source of the current Fitnah?

Nur

SH. Nur, the companions ra never looked at their enemies deeds but focused on theirs....a muslim is weak we are only superior with our deeds and iman....icu actions were wrong wa seef-laboods, committed crimes (kismaayo incident) and they had shady personalities-warlords themselves....why they lost and will always lose unless the movement of Islam changes and follows the nabi scw. the ideology wa haaq, means is wrong. I read that the entire muslim ummah will be engulfed by fitnah (wars, crimes, tyranny)?

What misakes were made, and what is going to happen now do u think?

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

I personal believe that in every incident (in particular, this clash between our brothers in Somalia and their counter parts) there is a lesson to be learned by those who are patient. Khalaf brother, don’t believe for one second that they (ICU) have lost because a territory has been taken away, rather look at it from the broader perspective and realize that every affair in the believers life is good. Now, many of us have studied and examined the battle of Uhud during the time of the Prophet (saw) and at first glance (when we first read or hear about it) we label that as a loss that the Muslim army had experienced, but the many lessons were drawn out by the Sahaaba and the scholars of later generations, and thus they have concluded the defeat (as it appears) to be a victory. At the same Khalaf, I do understand that the ICU have done some wrong and if they probably can do it all over again, would change some things, but is that not life? Don’t we have to learn from our mistakes? The one thing that I reflect upon is that, when the battlefield was in Afghanistan (that was not our battle, as some said) and than in Iraq (once again, it was not our battle) but now, when it has reached us and our land, what is our response? Rather, why are we engaged in debates and are overtaken by confusion?

And Allah knows best

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^There was an agreement to have a cease fire and get back to talks as negotiated by the EU envoy. It was widely reported.

Come on now TP, that was just a PR exercise by the EU to save face. War was looming by then. Agreements to a ceasefire were simply to not take blame for the conflict.

Are there conditions to deal with gaalo on Muslim lands (even if they are invited by the 'govnt')?

I have a the feeling this will be long discussion so will return when time permits IA.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

^There was an agreement to have a cease fire and get back to talks as negotiated by the EU envoy. It was widely reported.

Come on now TP, that was just a PR exercise by the EU to save face. War was looming by then. Agreements to a ceasefire were simply to not take blame for the conflict.

Are there conditions to deal with gaalo on Muslim lands (even if they are invited by the 'govnt')?

I have a the feeling this will be long discussion so will return when time permits IA.
Adeer, PR exercise or not(and you have yet to prove this) - it's clear that you are farting around on this. :D The offer was made, both sides accepted and that should've been the end of the matter. Unfortunately, one side acted foolishly and now is left with next to nothing.

Not only was it the Islamically correct thing to opt for peace when it is offered to you - but it is unislamic to agree to a ceasefire and then break it. But many on this board are defending this action. Strange.

N.O.R.F   

quote:Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:

Adeer, PR exercise or not(and you have yet to prove this) - it's clear that you are farting around on this.
:D
The offer was made, both sides accepted and that should've been the end of the matter. Unfortunately, one side acted foolishly and now is left with next to nothing.

Not only was it the Islamically correct thing to opt for peace when it is offered to you - but it is unislamic to agree to a ceasefire and then break it. But many on this board are defending this action. Strange.
TP, i certainly dont know about the ins and outs of the agreed EU brokered ceasefire but we all know the altimatum the ICU gave to the Ethiopian troops before the ceasefire. Remember they did say they were fighting against the Ethios and not the TFG on numerous occassions thus making the 'agreed' ceasefire with the TFG still standing. The TFG chose to fight alongside the Ethios (you can say they were the same team as they invited them) but it all depends which way you look at it.

Its simple really, muslim tells gaal to leave his land, gaal doesnt leave, muslims agree to ceasefire, muslim fights against gaal with which there was no ceasefire, gaal fights with help of other 'muslims' whom had agreed ceasefire with muslims, somali diaspora blame muslims for starting war, 'muslims' claim power and call muslims terrorists, etc

ps my farts are sometimes a wiff of fresh air :D

..... But many on this board are defending this action. Strange.

^^Your criticism of Courts actions is noted. But what are you defending now as you seem to be driving a point here yaa ThePoint? Ethiopia's (& America's) assault against Courts? TFG's invitation of Ethiopia? Current Ethiopian occupation?

ElPunto   

^Warya, Northerner - you can really dance - must be all that marathon training. :D

To me a ceasefire - is the cessation of fire - or dab-jojis(sp - I suck at Somali spelling). Period, full stop. Additionally, when agreeing to the ceasefire - they knew who the other side was(ie. TFG & Ethios). Instead of opting for peace - they opted for war.

^Xiin - my point is the criticism - and its validity which I believe I've proven. C'est tout. As to defending anything - at this point I'm only prepared to defend the notion that TFG should be given a chance to govern.