Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Garowe town

Skyscrapercity and skyscraperpage are my fav architect forums that I often surf. That said, I would feel little to see how our Somali towns/cities are lacking behind in every category that's out there. Only if we would made peace between us... We will be part of the civilized world again. Good to see some Somali towns making in the list, how ever mediocre it might be.

Liqaye   

Ghelle every thing has got a beggining Garowe town is beautiful and clean, and more importantly it was purpose choosen for a regional admin and has expanded very well.

But more importantly I.A when the skycrapers are built they shall be built and owned by somalis rather than parasitic communities of indians and lebanese, that is why the growth in somalia is so spectacular, its being done by somalis in the context of bitter tensions, lack of governance.

Anyway nice town. Mashallah.

Liqaye, you are absolutely right bro. Imagine what we could have achieved had there been a peace and a good government. Somalis are entrepreneurs by nature, but they are also good at destroying what have built.

Chimera   

Garowe looks great! Didn't expect it to look so nice. Another Somali economic hub on the rise!

Somalis need to stay clear from expensive and wasteful skyscrapers. Just look at Ivory Coast and many others, they have fancy buildings but you will also notice that these same buildings are only half-full with people and businesses etc, while a building in the US or Taiwan that is 4 times as high is completely filled.

This is simply a waste of electricity, and money that these same African cities could have spend on cleaning up the surrounding slums, creating enterprises or building new roads. Somali cities when given proper care and investment are completely unique and capable of standing their ground against cities in Greece and Spain, arguably countries with the most spectacular and unique waterfronts in the world.

Give me a rebuilt Mogadishu - a tropical picturesque antique city & "Pearl of the Indian Ocean" - any day over all these haphazardly built and empty chrome & steel nightmares dubbed "great cities".

Mogadishu_waterfront.jpg

Majestic Mogadishu

This is the type of architecture we want to invest and construct, in a rebuilt Mogadishu, everyone from Kathmandu to Timbuktu will know that this is our city; HQ of the Somali people! Today most African cities look-alike.

Ep76_Flint_castle.jpg

This would look epic on Mogadishu's waterfront.