Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Global Enrichment Foundation and Abaarso Tech Announce Partnership to Enhance Female Education

Global Enrichment Foundation and Abaarso Tech Announce Partnership to Enhance Female Education

The Global Enrichment Foundation has announced an exciting new partnership that will take several steps forward in their quest to bring quality female education to Somalia.

“When I became aware of Abaarso Tech five month ago, I recognized that it was a school the Global Enrichment Foundation would love to work with. The superior level of education that is offered to the students is in line with our goal of creating female leadership in Somalia. An institution with such a terrific early track record, despite operating in a tough environment, deserves as much help as we can offer. I look forward to expanding this relationship as our organizations continue to grow”, said Amanda Lindhout, Founder of Global Enrichment Foundation.

In its first stage, the Global Enrichment Foundation will provide funding for the five brightest female students to attend Abaarso Tech’s world-class secondary school, and several more to study at Abaarso Tech University. In addition, the Global Enrichment Foundation will work to improve physical education for Abaarso Tech’s girls by sponsoring their athletic teams.

“Abaarso Tech’s girls are proving that Somali females can compete with anyone in the world”, said Jonathan Starr, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Abaarso Tech. “We are so pleased that the Global Enrichment Foundation is playing its role in making our kids great.”

Source: Canadian Somali Congress

Jonathan Starr on the Waris show on Radio Hargeisa, talking about his school Abaarso-Tech Boarding School...

Math and English teachers from Abaarso-Tech talking about the students