Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Worldwide Somali Students

ElPunto   

Good stuff. Though I think their 2012 campaign with regard to visiting all those cities is more than a bit amibitous. I noticed most of the folks there were UK students - would be interesting to know how much they've branched out. Also - there are people who have graduated and may be able to make a contribution. Maybe they should have an alumni chapter.

El Punto, i think it’s a wee bit ambitious also, but i admire their lofty ambitions.

http://www.facebook.com/WorldwideSomaliStudents

Apparently they are working on a website also. They certainly seem to have generated a lot of goodwill and momentum. I just hope they can channel all those disparate views and expertise into something tangible and coherent.

I personally think it’s exciting stuff and can’t wait to see where the journey leads. Getting educated professional young Somalis can never be a bad thing. More power to them.

its a little vague! do you have to be a student to join? also, somali is a broad term which extends borders! why do they have that ''blue'' flag on there? its a little defeating in my opinion to conflate politics and a noble aims like this!

They are using Somali as an all encompassing term, regardless of interior boundaries. I’m sure they won’t mind anyone using the SL flag in conjunction with the Somali one. You are right it’s a little vague but with the right input it has the potential for some real good. Recent graduates and professionals can join too.

waar archoh, horta are you little light on common sense saxib. kulaha ''I’m sure they won’t mind anyone using the SL flag in conjunction with the Somali one.'' - since you are in cahoots with this idealistic group, perhaps you should pitch this nonsencial idea of yours to them?

LOL all im saying is that their membership includes a wide variety of people from the community. Nothing sinister about that mate.

Axmed-InaJaad;706772 wrote:
somalia and somaliland are two difference cuntries first of all. somaliland is a developed country, while somalia has war and is not save.

yes! agreed! is not safe for people to go back!