Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

I'm a Muslim , becouse...........

Johnny B   

What would the individually-most-compelling-argument for Muslim be?

1: The exquisiteness of the physical world!

2: The reliability respectuvely accuracy of the 'Kuran' and 'Sunnah' !

3: The life and character of Mohammed (Pbuh) !

4: Islam's positive influence on culture and individuals !

5: Your individual experiences !

6: Born to Muslim parents and see no reason to change !

7: Something else

Given that an argument ( a suggestion if you like ) is for a reason or another more compelling than others , a motivation would be intresting.

Blessed   

Why do you want to know? Tempted by that u-turn, sign? :D

1: The exquisiteness of the physical world!

2: The reliability respectuvely accuracy of the 'Kuran' and 'Sunnah' !

3: The life and character of Mohammed (Pbuh) !

4: Islam's positive influence on culture and individuals !

5: Your individual experiences !

6: The sunnah of life in general.

7: Something els......

Because Allah made me one, and I am perfectly happy with the spiritual direction, the life style, and the philosophical worldview being Muslim entails…

Ps—I have not consulted with my bad impulse when I wrote the above sentence.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

Why do you want to know? Tempted by that u-turn, sign?
:D

^Who could have the knowledge of you beeing there ready to engulf one with that warm hug yet resist?

not me. icon_razz.gif

Now , Which is more compelling ? Nr 3? Why?

Xiin, I just realized your PS , let me hold it against you . :D

"Because Allah made me one" != 6: Born to Muslim parents and see no reason to change ?

"I am perfectly happy with the spiritual direction, the life style, and the philosophical worldview being Muslim entails" != 5: Your individual experiences ?

Khayr   

Hi Johnny Boy,

How about if we ask a few questions:

What would the individually-most-compelling-argument for an Agnostic and/or an Atheist be?

• Don't like confirming to anything unless it envolves a paycheque or getting laid
  • Too many religions, therefor all of them are wrong. Kind of like saying there are too many elevators in a building, so they must all be defunct/useless.
  • I want to fight for those poor abused burqa clad women and those that have been forced to marry into polygamous marriages.
  • Religion is responsible for most of the wrongs in the world
  • God is not real because there are too may people suffering and too many wars
  • I am wealthy enough not to need GOD anymore. So leave me alone and let me listen to song #8043 on my IPOD

Blessed   

^LOL.

Johnny, smile.gif

They're all as compelling as each other for me, with some thing as intimate as faith, you need to be 150% sure that your committing yourself to the truth. Islam suites my both psychological (philosophical) and spiritual desires.

The character of Muhammed (saw) is an epitomises human strength, in every aspect.

Biixi   

Request….Correct the title please. It annoys the heck out of me “BECOUSE”.

Don’t take this question the wrong way.

What motivated you to write these questions, and what benefit will their answers be to you?

stoit   

I have been wondering as to who can in all honesty claim to be a muslim and why ?

I have realised that to disobey the law once,if found, prosecuted and sentenced will change one's identity thenceforth to a criminal -a thief ,a robber ,a murderer and so on.

We each identify ourselves as persons refering to personalities or behaviours identified to represent ones self, yet no one in reality can promise to behave in that particular maner consitently even under the same conditions let alone diverse circumstanses.

stoit   

By the way my answer would have been 5.

five

Personal experience- the experince from complete devotion to islam to me is one of absolute peace,a sense of closeness to ALLHA swt, certainty or absolute trust in GODS ability and feelings that i have no words for.

seven

Because i was a coward and loosing my family and fellow somalis was a greater loss to me than truths i saw as a mirage. Besides most of the things i vallue are already enshrined in islam anyway.

S.O.S   

We are Muslims because...

Allah CALLED and we ANSWERED

Allah STATED and we AFFIRMED

Allah DEMANDED and we COMPLIED

How?

We have always believed and followed His Books and Prophets (pbut) with absolute conviction and complete certainty in all ages of human existence.

What about you?