Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Thunderbolt is about to strike you...

The Zack   

First LTE phone, HTC Thunderbolt, coming to Verizon on Thursday

Computerworld - HTC's ThunderBolt, the first smartphone to operate on Verizon Wireless's LTE network, will launch this Thursday, according to a document from Verizon received by the online retailer Wirefly.

Verizon officials did not respond to a request to confirm the March 17 sales date, which has been the rumored launch date since last week.

Wirefly is lending weight to the Thursday launch date, saying it will begin to take online pre-orders for the device at 3 a.m. ET tomorrow. Shipments of the device are set to begin on Thursday, Wirefly says.

Wirefly's special price, still unannounced, will be available when sales begin, a Wirefly spokesman said. The retailer has posted the full specs and other information on its site.

The Zack   

If you didn't already know this, Verizon's LTE AKA 4G network offers 12mbps download and 5mbps upload. That is faster than many home ISPs' speed unless you live in Japan or North Korea :D (The indhoyares are crazy). My home Internet, Time Warner, gives me about 15 mbps but having 12mbps down and 5mbps up while on-the-go will be a dream come true.

Jacpher   

^Zack: you need 15 mbps speed? There's an app for that!

By the way, I heard Apple copyrighted that catch phrase.

The Zack   

Jacphar LOL the whole "there is an app for that" was the bomb before Android was released by Google. Now, apple can say "There is an expensive app for that" as Android Market now offers more free apps. On that note, Since AT&T had exclusive agreement with Apple and nobody could sell the iPhone for about 4 years, Verizon used this slogan to throw AT&T under the bus. Here, check it out:

can you simultaneously use the internet and be on the phone at the same time? where is the map for that, but anyways am a blackberry users so i will stay out of this fisticuffs between android and iphone users

The Zack   

Naxar, yes you can. I have confirmed this both from HTC's and Verizon's website. This will be on the LTE network where Data and Voice can work simultaneously. On the top of that, say goodbye to the buffering videos. This is 4G, a real 4G yo! Kiss the BB goodbye, it aint on 4G, at least not yet unless you don't data on your phone.

Jacpher   

Waryee Zack, that just a lawsuit waiting to happen. Remember the Zero coke guys. Apple waa hiregareyneysa. I missed those guys commercials.

Seriously, I like android laakiiin competition is getting heated. Apple waxay ka baqayaan losing the market to Android so rumor waxaa la sheegayaa inay soo saarayaan prepaid iphone open to all users. If that's the case, flash iyo java plugin ay support gareeyaan, Android khatar bey ku jirtaa. In either case, it is a big win for the end user and that's what I like about this competition.

The Zack   

LOL@Zero Coke.. Waar kuwaas bad bey la gashay.

Apple will definitely lose the competition to Google, I have no doubt about that. They have been on the market for a very few years and they already have more than 100,000 apps, mostly free. I think the fact that Android is open-source is kicking Steve Jobs in the face. Apple is too restrict for the users and that is how they are losing to Google.