Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

This is what will happen to the Somalis in the west

Johnny B   

N.O.R.F;699306 wrote:
I'll take that as a yes to my question then
:D

The only relationship he made between the said terms is that Somalis are more likely to be drug addicts, athiests, homosexuals and of mixed race in the west as opposed to if they lived in Somalia. Ma runtii baa? It would be hard to argue against it.

That you take a No for a Yes is not colossally worrisome,since constantly being on collision course with reality is your Forte. :)

Now , as for the implied relationship between the said terms , let me walk you through, since you as always seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick.

The general premise = :Bad things are happening to the Somalis in the West.

The indicative premise = Worse things are to come !.

Inference = The worse things in store for Somalis in the west (according to the brother/sister whose inference i challenge) are, Drugs, Atheism, Homosexuality, mixing with other races.

Now, hang on with me , it's usually here where things usually get a bit complicated for my Mutawa's way of reasoning. :P

Our Friend ( i think it was Rampage) relates (A)Atheism, (B)Homosexuality and ©mixing with other races to ---------------> (D) the problem of drug addiction.

How ?

By claiming (implying) that all four are "problems" undesired traits Somalis in Somalia are spared, but those in the west are exposed to.

And here is where the wrong relationship glares at you , if you dare open your eyes.

1: Drug addiction is a personal/national and world-wide problem , Somalis are individuals,nationals and part of the world community.

1A: Implied inference = some Somalis in the west will have drug addiction problem.

2: Atheism is a personal/national and world-wide problem.

2A: Implied inference = some Somalis in the west will have the Atheistic problem.

3Homosexuality is a personal/national and world-wide problem.

3A: Implied inference = some Somalis in the west will have the Homosexuality problem.

4:Having parents of different races is a personal/national and world-wide problem.

4A: Implied inference = some Somalis in the west will have the problem of different-race parents.

None of Atheism, Homosexuality and mixing with other races is considereable to be a problem, hence, lack relationship with the problem of drug addiction.

Implied inference = Atheism, homosexuality, and being mixed race, are not bad things..

Now , can you see how equating the problem of drug addiction to lacking Belief in Gods , being sexually different-oriented or having different race parents fails?.. exactly my thoughts. :D

Ma runtii baa? ismaan odhan. :cool:

N.O.R.F   

Don’t tell me, you’re atheism kicked in on the plane :D

Ah, as expected, you’re talking from a western/atheistic perspective. Based on this perspective you’ve cooked up a rather simplistic conclusion without considering what is considered a ‘problem’ for ‘Muslim’ Somalis.

The statement was:

Theirs a lot worse to come for the somali community in the west, drug addicts, atheists, homosexuals and half breeds, so just don't be surprised.

Now, if I was to employ more of a realistic assessment of his statement above it would be:

1. Drug addiction, losing one’s faith and homosexuality are seen as problems by Muslims

2. Mixed race marriages are not seen as a problem by Muslims

3. Pregnancy out of wed-lock is a problem for Muslims (which is probably what he was getting at)

4. Somalis are of the Islamic faith (ie Muslims).

Why I said it would be difficult to argue against his statement is because:

1. Drug use/abuse (hard and soft drugs) is more prevalent in western societies. You could argue about the high levels of qaad use in Somalia I suppose.

2. The problem of losing one’s faith is more likely to occur in the west than in Somalia.

3. Pregnancy out of wed-lock is more of a problem for Somalis in the west than it is for Somalis in Somalia.

There are no stats to verify the above but then again you’re his proof on point 2 (whether or not you consider it a problem is irrelevant) :D