NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

NGONGE   

Guru, the argument of "elites" is what Somalis use on anything and any topics, saaxib. One minute it's the SL elites, the next it's the HAG elites and now it's the Khaatumo "elites". I don't personally think this is the case, I believe that in every case it is the people that choose the way they want to go and not the elites. At this moment in time, large numbers of those in Khaatumo do not want to be part of SL.

Will circumstances and displeasure with Somalia change their minds?

Oodweyne   

^^^Ngonge,

I agree with you about the people and particularly how it’s difficult for them to accept Somaliland. After all as you and I know that it will be impossible for any political elites to dragoon people to a direction they do not want to go. Least of all if all of the politicians in Somaliland get together and decide one morning to go to Somalia, then, I am sure of it, the people will come at the airport to wave them goodbye; but, as sure as day follows night, they will not be joining them. But, be that as it may, my argument is bit more nuance than that.

And by that I mean that my argument is that the “job” of the elites is to explain and carry in-depth analysis of the situation in which their people found themselves in. Of course, it may well be the people will not pay attention to what they say; but, still, it’s incumbent on them, as political elites to spell out the "cost-benefit-analysis" of each political direction their people choose.

And in here, the endless circular move – or as you put it the "predicament of the SSC" – is indicative that the political elites of this community have failed their primary duty of at least spelling out to their people the cost of running from one political station to another without never asking whether that will impact their “political credibility”.

Hence, why the folks of Mogadishu are really non-plus about the latest “threat” of the leadership of this community. Since, by all account, another day, it’s likely the leadership of this community, may well tell Somalis, with straight face, that the same leadership in Mogadishu, in which they have castigated only few months ago, are the best thing to happens to humanity ever since “slice-bread” was discovered. :D

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;938684 wrote:
The predicament has got even more complicated. They are still not talking to the Imam, have not made peace with SL and now, disastar of all disasters, they seem to have fallen out with the Somali government itself!

Where will this leave Khaatumo?

Should they make peace with the Imam and, as a result, realise their dream of Somali unity? Should they swallow their pride and throw their lot in with Somaliland?

The Jubbaland debacle has shown that this Somali government will not accept arbitray Federal States that don't fulfill the conditions set in the Somali constitution. Therefore, Khaatumo could not hope to carry on being Khaatumo without choosing to join one of the entities that border it. Where will it go? Who will it choose?

Let us be honest, tell me what has changed from Somaliland's 22 years of seeking recognition. Khatumo's predicament is nothing comparing to what your project bares.. Bal takarta idin saaran yar dugo awoowe..

This new development is usual hurdle and Khatumo will come on top IA.. Ha u welwelin..

Daqane   

A_khadar you have to admit what Ngonge is saying is the truth, falling out with every single entity does not seem like progress or policy!

A khadar Somaliland quest for recognition has taking a different course and it will not be only searched from outside but also with the talks with Somalia clarifying the future relations between SL and Somalia. Are you saying Somaliland is in a tight position although it hasn't still achieved recognition it has larger political base better organized a functioning government. And it forced Somalia to come to the negotiation tables as 2 equal entities. Where do you see khatumo in the next coming 2 years what have they achieved the past 1 year and a half domestically internationally.

NGONGE   

A_Khadar;938755 wrote:
Let us be honest, tell me what has changed from Somaliland's 22 years of seeking recognition. Khatumo's predicament is nothing comparing to what your project bares.. Bal takarta idin saaran yar dugo awoowe..

This new development is usual hurdle and Khatumo will come on top IA.. Ha u welwelin..

Horta why do you take it as an attack ninyaho? Is daji and give your opinion on this, saaxib. Somaliland's predicament has always been Khaatumo, not the rest of Somalia (I'm sure I've said that so many times in the past). But what has changed for SL is what's causing Khaatumo's "cross roads" today. What happens next? Which road will Khaatumo choose? In fact, forget that and tell me which road YOU would like Khaatumo to choose?

Would your advice be that you should improve communication with Hassan Sheikh's government and therefore bring Khaatumo to the centre of the Federal Government's policy? Or will you advice that a bargain should be struck with the Imam in which both sides will benefit (like in the old Abdullahi Yusuf days)? (I know that, today at least, you would not advice a deal with Somaliland).

Oodweyne   

^^^ I see our A_Khadar, doesn't fancy having a straight talk about the legendary political confusion of his folks. :D I wonder why? Perhaps he doesn't fancy at all the idea of making sense their latest broad day light attempt in "foot-shooting" indeed. :D

Or even how it isn't a good idea to say that some "political salvation" can be had if one were to fall out out with everyone. And that would be a fall out that have encompassed it from pirate-land and ending with current government in Somalia, while in mid-way, one already had one's bloody tiff with Somaliland.

All in all, they do genuinely have my sympathy in here. Since the likes of Dr. Galeydh - a born Machiavellian with no principle, if ever there was one - is their card-shuffling-leader, indeed.

7 years later Somaliland has a new president General Muse biixi . Khatumo is non existent. Professor galaydh is in hargeysa. Somaliland took over tukaraq from the pirates. Professor samatar brought food and logistics to tukaraq for the Somaliland army. Shir naway iska dayeen nimanka shirshoore.