NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

NGONGE;847967 wrote:

What if SL gives up and decides to cut its losses with anything Khaatumo? How long before a disgruntled Khatumite runs back to Siilaanyo because those back in Taleex refused him a job he had his eyes on? There has to be a plan that goes beyond SL; the crazy Al Shabab have their plans for Somalia if they should ever win, the ONLF have their plans for their part of the world should they ever win and SL itself has set up its own plans for the time when its recognised. What is Khaatumo doing? Where is it heading? And where are those that should be informing all its supporters of the dream, visions and ideas for the future of Khaatumo?

NG, those are all good questions that are worth asking and answering, but we just need a little perspective. I've highlighted the above quote from you just to show where the problem lies:

ONLF is 28 years old this year.

SL is 21 years old this year.

Puntland is 14 years old this year.

Alshabaab is 6 years old in its current form.

Khaatumo is 6 months old.

Shacabka Khatumo can be resourceful and efficient when pressure is applied, but they are not miracle workers. Tangible change, progress and outcomes all take time. What Khatumo has managed to affect though is the populations' imagination. That's where they've really delivered in the last six months. The people are clued up now and unfortunately for Xagla-Toosiye, they are chomping at the bits for people like him. Magaciisii iyo sharaftiisaba wuu ku ciyaaray because unlike previous years cidina ma cafinayso mana caawinayso. You should see and hear what's being said of him. And I think this may be what you are looking for NG, some sort of punishment that will prevent the turncoats from acting on their instincts in the future.

It looks like shacabku will be that mechanism if things carry on they way they are going.

AYOUB   

Val inabti, Khatumo2 might be 6 months old but that's part of predicament. There was Khatumo1, SSC, Khususi, Darwishland etc etc. Not long ago most if not all supporters of this faction were embedded with pirates. :) The 6 months leadership term of this movement says it all. By January, Aaliyah might be telling us "Galaydh is just an individual". :)

Every one knows that the Garaad clan was never interested in a autonomous state well at-least their politicians are not interested in that. For them it was more about political opportunity taking their opportunity to continue their political career where every they can. I am not talking about the genuine diaspora who truly believe in a state for their own clan. But in reality we can conclude the khatumo conference and the organizers of that conference. No one really knew the exact agenda other than uniting the clan but the amount of diaspora members attending the conference was overwhelmingly more than the rest of the attendees.

Taleexi   

In my view, with all its political gaffes and shortcomings considered: Khatumo is doing just fine. As Val stated a six month administration in a hostile environment coupled with an inept and nominal TFG, with scarce resources and some non-egalitarian leaders in its midst, how much progress can someone achieve under such harsh circumstances? - success factors are interpreted differently by the political pundits of the area - . By all accounts, it appears that most of Khatumo folks are finally getting it, because they have an ideology worth fighting for at last and that is to be the architects of their future. The length of Khatumo realizing its dreams depends on different factors chief among them: transparency and accountability of the current admin, punishing/rejecting the traitors, resilience of the masses, the pace of establishing government institutions, and increasing the civic engagement. And diaspora going back for the promotion of self reliance and good governance.

In a nutshell, the individual politics is going south while inclusive, pluralism politics is thriving in Khatumo lands.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;848113 wrote:
Every one knows that the Garaad clan was never interested in a autonomous state well at-least their politicians are not interested in that. For them it was more about political opportunity taking their opportunity to continue their political career where every they can. I am not talking about the genuine diaspora who truly believe in a state for their own clan. But in reality we can conclude the khatumo conference and the organizers of that conference. No one really knew the exact agenda other than uniting the clan but the amount of diaspora members attending the conference was overwhelmingly more than the rest of the attendees.

Ahha, you are mistaken, why do you think I disassociated with my uncle, the VP of PL,?, why do you think once my uncle and cousin were murdered in the eve of Khatumo conference? my sub clan decided not to interrupt the grand gathering for some local issues. Get this through your scalp - Khatumites are maturing politically and you've nothing to gain by belittling that :) Every clan has political opportunists.

Ibtisam   

I really really dislike people like this said man, who clealry is just looking for his interest, pockets and benefit, every society has them, I think if each society shut the road behind them and stopped this nonsense of walking backward and forward within months, then they will disappear.

Tomorrow he will be walking the other way because the grass is greener there and people will welcome him back instead of treating him like the loser he is! Then if and when he switches yet again, he still gets a welcome by the other party. A win win for him sadly!.

Taleexi   

Ibtisam: Horta ma kuu sheegay inaan weligay hoosta kaa jeclaa, Alla iga raali ahow ma ogayn in aan sirtaydii meel public ah ku soo dhejiyeye!

Ibtisam   

^^^^Lool wax walan!!

Okay noted, can't say I share that view/ experience or feelings. waan ka xumahey inaad iis fashilisey, so iska raalin noqo :)

Somalia   

Taleexi;848133 wrote:
Ibtisam: Horta ma kuu sheegay inaan weligay hoosta kaa jeclaa, Alla iga raali ahow ma ogayn in aan sirtaydii meel public ah ku soo dhejiyeye!

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, classic :D

Why would reer taleex disrupt the conference when they were the one hosting the conference even with the killings of reer Cali shireh It was only noble of them to let the process of the conference continue.The Khatumo conference when it was being organized it was done by the G10 Dr cali ciise cabdi from Taleex himself. The only thing Khatumo so far accomplished was minimizing the power of the Elders but you are still dealing with the same not so lucrative politicians as before. I agree though some of the progress of Khatumo is hindered by the Garowe boys to the east and dealing with the TFG will not help their case either you need to have allies in the region.

Taleexi   

*Ibtisam;848140 wrote:
^^^^Lool wax walan!!

Okay noted, can't say I share that view/ experience or feelings. waan ka xumahey inaad iis fashilisey, so iska raalin noqo
:)

Haween baad isugu dhuratay, waxay doonayaan bay diiday yidhaahdaan.... haddaanba thread furayaa, thread-kan Khatumo lagu bash garaynayo waan u bannaynayaa.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;848144 wrote:
Why would reer taleex disrupt the conference when they were the one hosting the conference even with the killings of reer Cali shireh It was only noble of them to let the process of the conference continue.The Khatumo conference when it was being organized it was done by the G10 Dr cali ciise cabdi from Taleex himself. The only thing Khatumo so far accomplished was minimizing the power of the Elders but you are still dealing with the same not so lucrative politicians as before. I agree though some of the progress of Khatumo is hindered by the Garowe boys to the east and dealing with the TFG will not help their case either you need to have allies in the region.

Fahamkeennu ma ka foga balse isku wax ma doonayno.

Ibtisam   

Somalia, Taleexi was trying to change the topic, and you are trying to help him/her? along to avoid and weather the storm. Shame on you both, xajji xanjuuf baad ka baqaden!

Taleexi;848148 wrote:
Fahamkeennu ma ka foga balse isku wax ma doonayno.

isku si baynu wax u fahmayna waxan aminsanahay inad caqliga u saaxib tahay wuxu hambigagu yahay na waan ogahay laakin wa wada adag oo aad maraysid oo qodxo leh oo ay qodxaha qaar ku dhigeen kuwa tol ku sheega eeh garowe ka so jeeda. Adiguna waxad leedahay cadceedi ba so baxday hala tamashleyo dunidu awoow sa uma shaqeyso. Iska iloow wuxu xaajigu doonayo adigu maxaad doonaysa ma ka dhab ba ma rabta inad gaadhid hamigaga meel walba ma u maraysa weye suaashu?

Taleexi   

XX: Haddaanan waxaan doonayo garanayn waxaas oo hadal tiro ah ma soo qoreen. Qodxaha, bohollaha, jalaqa, hagardaamada siyaasadeed ee iga xiga inaan higsado hadafkayga ma moogani balse si habaysan oo kala hormarine ku jirto baan u hormaynayaa, sidaan u hummaag xumahay uma habacsani :)