Sign in to follow this  
Nur

My Thoughts On Civilization, Corruption and Foreign Patronage In The Third World.

Nur   

Nomads

Like most of you, I have been closely following the people's revolution in Egypt these past few days and I can't overstate how reassured I am regarding the "Modus Operandi" of foreign players who have an important stake in the current events, Namely US and Israel, like they have always supported a local loser, like the Apartheid system in South Africa.

You see Paesano, through its 3000 years of existence as one of the greatest powers in the world and the land of superlatives, Egypt was ruled by some twenty five Dynasties as far back as 3100 BC up until 656 BC. The lasting legacy of Egypt throughout these epochs has been its architectural masterpiece and splendor and its material civilization.

Today, some 5000 years later, Egypt as a modern nation state is still here, but it ranks 98 in Transparency International Ranking which means that its a very corrupt country and at the same time an staunch friend of US and Israel ( Three of the 4 most corrupt countries in the world have been invaded by the US, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq). Now, how can one resolve the fact that US claims that it stands for civilized principles ( on the Walls of the Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC):

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever. Commerce between master and slave is despotism. Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Establish a law for educating the common people. This it is the business of the state and on a general plan."

So what is the relationship of corruption and civilizations?

Paesano, I can assure you that the Project Managers ( Or Slaves) who built the Pyramids have not taken a kick back , if they did, you wouldn't have seen these immaculate edifices known for their time tested resilience and resistance to weathering. What I am trying to say is that civilization ( at least the material one), can not stand on top of a pile of stolen money, like the case of President Mubarak's looted $70 Billion in Western banks, ( Has anyone audited our Somali Warlords cum Politicians and Sheikh Sharif for graft i.e. Using his phony office to give contracts to his relatives and friends) which is what earned Somalia's TFG's consecuthief governments the title of the most corrupt government in the world. eNuri would like to give the Somali TFG government another title that goes well with the first one: the Title of the Least Civilized Nation On Earth.

A story I was told goes like this: "In 1989-90, A Japanese Company was laying Telephone cables in Mogadishu, but their job took too long to finish. So a Japanese Project manager noticed that the copper cables they lay in the day were being stolen at night. So, he complained to a Somali official " Excuse me sir, the Japanese calmly asked; do you have enemies as a nation?, because last night I saw men who were stealing the copper cables that we were laying for your own country's development and as Aid from the Government of Japan". The Somali Official jokingly told the Japanese Project Manager, "calm down pal, we Somalis, are our own enemies"

Caro Paesano, the term "Civilization" refers to the level of know-How aka Technology, Politics, Science and Arts as well as culture and the advancements in transportation, housing and education, all of which require some degree of decency and transparency, which we Somalis are not well known for ( Major part that is)

In our international corrupt system, those who rise to the top are very likely to be the most corrupt, which serves the interests of our adversaries, mainly Ethiopia (2 points shy of the top 60 Corrupt Countries) and its sponsor, the USA ( 22nd least corrupt)

So, Somalia, and other client states, like Afghanistan and Iraq and Egypt, have one thing in common: US Patronage. How does this Patronage work?

Let us say, that a political action group like the AIPAC ( American Israeli Political Action Council) has an mission to always safeguard the interest of Israel ( even if it conflicts with the US interests). The AIPAC will lobby congress and the White House to formulate a policy in the Middle East that serves the best interest of Israel. The US formulates the policy and if this policy is like cash, it can be redeemed at local groceries ( sorry I meant Governments) in the rough neighborhood Israel finds itself, you can call it hush money, paid to presidents who are willing to work as US Governors in their countries.

After many years as a patron, the President of the client state, amasses a lot of wealth which he usually can't find projects big enough in his own country to invest in, so the money ends up in Swiss banks, or in the case of the Mubarak family in the UK banks. Whats is interesting is that corruption is unsustainable business, after thirty years in power, in which Mubarak was receiving $ 3 Billion yearly from the US, Egypt's external debt has grown probably equal to the stolen US aid money, which explains how Western Aid Money is like a rubber ball, it just bounces back to their own banks after their own appointed tyrants collect their commissions and a huge National Debt is left for the poor nation to bear. And then, to inflame the wound, the western Media refers to these despotic nations of their own creation as Banana Republics, or in our case in Somalia as a "Failed Nation", like the world is a big classroom and the teacher who teaches you the wrong lessons all year long, examines the Tyrant with a difficult concepts that the Tyrant failed to study, like Human Rights, The Right Not To be Tortured, and so on.

On this last Egyptian Episode, what infuriated me about Egypt's Tyrant Hosny Mubarak's latest service for his people is about his plagiarism, that he stole an original eNuri Idea and applied the whole script verbatim without any due credit to my online organization, which was part of an eNuri Anarchist Product Line branded as:

Link: Anarchy A La Carte ............

Link:

Link: The Lighter Side Of Tyranny!

To be continued........................................................................

2011 eNuri Political Islam

Islam Is the Solution

Good day Ya Nuuriini,

Your timing is impeccable as always and your thoughts on Egypt are noteworthy Senor. That being said, let me have an opportunity to patch the holes in the dry wall in order for you to finish the product with a premium paint, prefably American or Israeli color.

Item #1 on the Agenda:

I would like to share a quote from the Al-Kingpin himself, his honorable Husni Mubarak on February 8th, 1982.

this speech was translated from Arabic text as it appeared in the newspaper Al Ahram and its as follows:

The object of economic development is not only a general increase in production but also, and no less important, raising the standard of living and improving the quality of life for every citizen. This requires that the size of the population should be compatible with the volume of goods and services produced, assuming optimal use of available resources. The rate of population growth is therefore important, in both the short and long run".

He adds:

It is inescapable fact that the current population growth rate impedes development efforts and frustrates our hopes for improving the quality of life for every Egyptian. It confines our ambitions to preventing further deterioration in living standards, and that is unacceptable......

You can accuse Mubarak of almost anything, from being an enabler of systematic corruption to social injustice and his inability to promote sound economic growth.. However, what you can not accuse Mubarak is incompetency. On the eve of Sadat's assassination, Egypt's economy was deteriorating, its food import, especially grain was skyrocketing, its dependency and the neglect of farmers and lack of substantial agrarian reform was non-existent.(AUSTRALIA, behind united states was EGYPTs biggest supplier of food for heaven's sake) Its foreign debt, brought on by Sadat's "Open policy" put Egypt's sovereignty on shaky grounds .

All of the above mentioned crisis coupled with a growing population, a growth which was unsustainable confronted Al-Kingpin.

A month after taking office, Mubarak was reported to have addressed the privileged few who had their hands on the cookie jar by stating:

Egypt is for all
-it is not a community of the privileged few who would monopolize influence and impose a guardianship on the people.

As you can see, Mubarak attempted to set the tone for reform but the corruption was too big of a problem for one military man to change. Calling on the courts to take action against the few who abused the system, curtail corruption and investigate individuals for tax evasion.

By the time the IMF sat him down in the early 90s to address the economic crisis of Egypt, he had to sign the dotted line, no questions asked...

So you see ya Nuuriini, things are not as black and white as you make it out to be.

While you and I disagree on many issues, we can agree on the need to give fair and balanced representation of Egypt.....

What I am trying to say is that civilization ( at least the material one), can not stand on top of a pile of stolen money, like the case of President Mubarak's looted
$70 Billion
in Western banks

Please show me the evidence that backs the above figure?

The numbers I have been reading were $3 billion to as high as 40 billion but $70 is news to me....especially when we can't even prove he took out anything more than $1 billion to $14 billion, which he deservingly earned...(thats a discussion for another day)

The US formulates the policy and if this policy is like cash, it can be redeemed at local groceries ( sorry I meant Governments) in the rough neighborhood Israel finds itself, you can call it hush money,
paid to presidents who are willing to work as US Governors in their countries

I think I addressed this claim of yours above......but giving you the benefit of the doubt, when the arab world reproached sadat's Regime for signing the peace treaty with Israel, they withrew their 2billion annual support, which means that United States filled the void and as they should...Looking back, we can both agree that sadat was on the right side of history.

Whats is interesting is that corruption is unsustainable business, after thirty years in power, in which Mubarak was receiving $ 3 Billion yearly from the US, Egypt's external debt has grown probably equal to the stolen US aid money, which explains how Western Aid Money is like a rubber ball, it just bounces back to their own banks after their own appointed tyrants collect their commissions and a huge National Debt is left for the poor nation to bear.

3 billion yearly? I think you meant to use the recent figure that has been reported by all major news outlets, which is about 1.3 billion annually on military aid....(you are throwing numbers like you are having a food fight or something)

.....in any case, you are overstating Jewish power and giving credit were credit is not due in the case of Jewish lobby groups in America......

Israeli lobby groups are the new giant monster, be scared, be very scareddddddddddd of AIPAC....

My take on corruption and civilization is that at the end of the day, what goes around, comes around, and what rises also falls after a period of time. Allah created life and mandated death. Everything in the world, be it nature, or man made has limit and an expiration date. Despots around the world are acutely aware if death does not over take them, something beyond their power and imagination will bring their reign to swift and decisive end. Mubarak never thought that he would see the end of his rule, but it was just a matter of time. The revolution has started, but multi-million question is where does it end, and whose gonna stop it?.

Nur   

LazieG

Yaa Ghaaliyah; I am not yet done with the main topic, your patience is appreciated, meanwhile, I will respond to your post soon inshAllah, thank you for taking the time to participate, it looks like your are the only one around here who is not afraid from the Power of AIPAC! :) can't you see how quiet this audience is?

I will respond to interesting points that you have raised:

1. Validity of Mubaraks and Al Ahram's report on the reason of Egypt's woes being fast population growth.

2. Mubarak's competence as A President

3. Reason for high unemployment in Egypt ( political; Rigged Votes, The Emergency Rule for the past 30 years, and Economic; Crony System, Privatization of state companies etc, Agricultural Aid and its devastating effect on Egyptian Economy)

4. Corruption and the structure that supported it ( beginning with Washington and ending with clerks in Egypt)

5. The Expert Opinion of Mubarak's stolen $70 Billion and where it is currently

6. and Finally. The power of the Jewish Lobby in The USA

Nur