Sign in to follow this  
nuune

God Bless Odayaasha Soomaalida

Malika;690472 wrote:
:D
, sidhaa aad adigu diblee uu tahay , Odayguu naa wuu aha. I can introduce you to my old lady friend, so you can get an insight to history by those whom lived it..hehe

Adiga 'DH'da, 'D'da, 'I'da iyo 'E' kala saar - intaadan wax kala iigu yeedhin :D

Aniga iyo Awoowegayba waxaan nahay niman qunyar socod ah oo nabad jeceyl , balse aan oggolayn dulminta, dulinimada dab/ahd/hilifnimo iyo in diinteena iyo dalkeenaba lagu xaqgudbo :D

Kool_Kat   

Nuune, SHEEMO!!! smileys.gif

Not too long ago, aniga iyo cida baa maqaayad Soomaali ah cunto ka cuneynay markeey laba oday nasoo ag fariisteen...Mid ka mid ah, right off the bat, waan ogaa inuu adeerkeey yahay (:D)...There was something about his demeanour iisheegay inuu odayga cida yahay (siduu u labisnaana maba ka hadli karo, GQ photo shoot muu usocdaa aa is dhehee)...N'way, wuxuu bilaabay gabadheyda weyn inuu afSoomaali kula hadlo...Unfortunately, afSoomaali uguma jawaabi karin, laakiin wax kasto uu weydiiyo afIngriis bey ku jawaabtay oo waa ey fahantay...Markaasuu aniga iweydiiyay "ma reer Xamar baa tahay"...Haa oo Xamar baan ku dhashay aan ugu jawaabay...Markaasuu yiri cadaantaadaan umaleeyay inaad reer Xamar tahay...Waan iska aamusay...Wuu iska sii jeestay oo saaxibkii sheeko isaga galay...Hadalkoodaan waxaan ka maqlay Bari iyo odayaal aan magacyadooda aqaan...As we were leaving, he tried inuu odaygeyga si ilabaxnimo ah uweydiiyo qoladiisa by tuulada uu ka yimid...Reero qabiil maba aha, so maba uusan fahmin wuxuu ka wado...Yaa geeska kasoo booday hee? :D Nacam, ANIGA! Saan iri "waa reero Buulobarde"...Suu yiri "adigana?"...With a million dollar smile on my face baan iri "Xamar baan ku dhashay, laakiin aabehey waa reer Qardhood"...Maya, maya, maya, odayga kursiga maba ka dhicigaarinbo!

As they say, the rest waa taariiq...smileys.gif

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;690458 wrote:
That is very, very, very mean Nuune. Believe me, you made a very big mistake.

I don't know why you feel good about what you did.

You were right in being silent (although you could also have taken a minute to greet them and say you want to watch the football and excuse yourself), but once they talked to you, why not just say I am from here or there. It is not like they asked you your clan? Although we know probably that is what they wanted to know.

Arintaa dib ha ugu noqon Nuune!

nuune knows that but he was in the middle of a very special operation and had not time for tradition and pleasantries . Filinka fahma.

BOB   

Af aan oday Soomaliyeed ku amaano iguma yaalo...dhibaatada Soomaaliya ka jirta maanta iyagaa eedeeda leh qurunka iyo qabiilkana iyagaa nala daba taagan marka xaggeyga wax sharaf ah uma hayo odayaasha Soomaliyeed.

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Had a similar experience in a shiisha place in Dubai. The maqaaxi was near the gold souk and was frequented by almost every nationality that passes by that area. On the day I walked into it, the place was full and everyone was watching Al Jazeera news. There was a Somali guy sitting opposite and I tried to nod at him but he avoided my gaze, so I ignored him too. I sat next to an Egyptian labourer who looked like he was new to the country. There was a news report about an Egyptian ship that sank in the Nile killing all its passengers. The Egyptian started lamenting the loss of life and blaming his government for it. He was directing his complaints to me. I had a short conversation with him (in his own Egyptian dialect). Five minutes later, there was a report about Yemen. There was a Yemeni guy to my left who was listening to my conversation with the Egyptian guy and decided to join in now because the topic was his own country. I replied to him in his own dialect and we had a long conversation about Yemen and all things concerning that country. The Egyptian guy had to leave and said his goodbyes. Five minutes later, a UAE guy came in and asked me if anyone was sitting on the seat next to me. I said no. We started talking about stuff that I can’t remember now (in his own dialect). He later left and some African guys came to ask if the football game (between Liverpool and some other team) will be shown. I replied to them in English then asked the young guy who works in the cafe if he will be showing it. He said yes and me and the African guys had a heated conversation about the merits of Drogba, Torres and Villa (heh).

Anyway, later, when everyone stopped talking and I was smoking my shiisha in peace, I noticed the Somali guy trying to attract my attention. I, naturally, replied in Somali. The shock on his face was a picture to behold. Turns out that he thought I was Egyptian, then Yemeni, then UAE, etc....:D

War Somalido waa qaxar.<O:p</O:p

^ You miss this part" And I replied to the African guys in their own English dialect" and then the Somali guy would have thought that you were a/n.... sheekada milix bay lahaan laheyd. :)

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;692064 wrote:
Had a similar experience in a shiisha place in Dubai. The maqaaxi was near the gold souk and was frequented by almost every nationality that passes by that area. On the day I walked into it, the place was full and everyone was watching Al Jazeera news. There was a Somali guy sitting opposite and I tried to nod at him but he avoided my gaze, so I ignored him too. I sat next to an Egyptian labourer who looked like he was new to the country. There was a news report about an Egyptian ship that sank in the Nile killing all its passengers. The Egyptian started lamenting the loss of life and blaming his government for it. He was directing his complaints to me. I had a short conversation with him (in his own Egyptian dialect). Five minutes later, there was a report about Yemen. There was a Yemeni guy to my left who was listening to my conversation with the Egyptian guy and decided to join in now because the topic was his own country. I replied to him in his own dialect and we had a long conversation about Yemen and all things concerning that country. The Egyptian guy had to leave and said his goodbyes. Five minutes later, a UAE guy came in and asked me if anyone was sitting on the seat next to me. I said no. We started talking about stuff that I can’t remember now (in his own dialect). He later left and some African guys came to ask if the football game (between Liverpool and some other team) will be shown. I replied to them in English then asked the young guy who works in the cafe if he will be showing it. He said yes and me and the African guys had a heated conversation about the merits of Drogba, Torres and Villa (heh).

Anyway, later, when everyone stopped talking and I was smoking my shiisha in peace, I noticed the Somali guy trying to attract my attention. I, naturally, replied in Somali. The shock on his face was a picture to behold. Turns out that he thought I was Egyptian, then Yemeni, then UAE, etc....
:D

War Somalido waa qaxar.<O:p</O:p

Talk about show boating :D