Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

How can we increase our eman

Ameen   

One more thing, before I forget.

PLEASE PLEASE...and some more PLEASE.

Make dou'aa for the Muslims that are oppressed and ignored who are living in Gaza (and else where).

The least we can do is make dou'aa.

Naden   

^ Are you sure that it is the least we can do?

I think Palestinians have had billions of du'aas going their way since 1948. What have they gained?

Ameen   

Good Question.

Sometimes when Allah loves a group of people and wishes good for them He places them in a tough situation. Or maybe Allah means to purify them through these trails or Allah wishes to expose those of us who claim that we love and care for our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters but do nothing to give support to our claim.

Eigher way, Allah's wisdom for placing the Palestinian people in the situation they currently find themselves in is no excuse for us to hold back on our dou'aas even if that may mean, no positive results for such a group of people since 1948.

Naden   

ThePoint, why the adolescent eye roll? Grow up, man, and contribute if you have anything to contribute.

Ameen, it is all well and good, brother, that tough situations test a group's resolve. It is also well that we wish them (and other oppressed people) a speedy end to the suffering. I am not speaking about you or me as individuals as much as I am speaking about us as a group. We are told in Friday prayers, TV shows, books, and hajj to pray for the oppressed, and yet genocide continues to be visited upon them. I think of 8:153 and 13:11 and wonder if we may be on the wrong track.

N.O.R.F   

^^We are also told to improve ourselves as individuals and groups for the betterment of the Ummah. In the meantime, one is to pray for those who are oppressed. is there another choice?

ps 8:153?

Naden   

^ In the meantime or after we've (and they've) done all that could be done with the resources available. Which comes first for change to happen?

PS. It is 8:53.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Naden:

ThePoint, why the adolescent eye roll? Grow up, man, and contribute if you have anything to contribute.

Ameen, it is all well and good, brother, that tough situations test a group's resolve. It is also well that we wish them (and other oppressed people) a speedy end to the suffering. I am not speaking about you or me as individuals as much as I am speaking about us as a group. We are told in Friday prayers, TV shows, books, and hajj to pray for the oppressed, and yet genocide continues to be visited upon them. I think of 8:153 and 13:11 and wonder if we may be on the wrong track.

Actually - I was quite restrained given your asinine statement which you've conveniently sidestepped. Here it is again:

"I think Palestinians have had billions of du'aas going their way since 1948. What have they gained?"

What an arrogant and presumptious statement. Duas are an account solely in the hands of God. And as Muslims - we believe in the worldly life and the hereafter. What, how and whether those duas are addressed is not something we can speculate on but we do know that supplication to God is a core component of Islam. And anyone who tries to undermine that by tying it to 'gains' in this world is missing the point.

I doubt anyone is advocating for sitting on our hands and just offering prayers. Muslims should do more. But your comments on the 'value' of duas vis a vis the Palestinians is quite frankly retarded. How's that for a contribution? redface.gif

Naden   

^ This is my last reply to any post of yours as you are missing the very basics of adaab in conversation and expression. You have a long way to go before you are at a level to converse with me or anyone on this subforum.

Jacpher   

^Easy sis. Calm down nooh. You can decline to answer but please don't go into talk of adaab now. It was never a good adaab to question or doubt the prayers of over a billion Muslims for Palestine since its early days of destruction.

Dua is tied to one's emaan, believing in the unseen and raising the hands up and pleading with Allah to chance the course of situation.

Naden   

^ I am calm. I don't see how I am lacking in adaab for questioning the ineffectual dua'a streaming day and night when mobilization and helping oneself is clearly a prerequisite for God helping you as well.

You've rushed in your response, Jimcaale. I don't doubt prayers but question the passivity of a people who witness injustice in their backyard and think they're entitled to divine intervention.

ElPunto   

^I see you're still referring to duas as 'ineffectual' - still missing the point.

^ This is my last reply to any post of yours as you are missing the very basics of adaab in conversation and expression. You have a long way to go before you are at a level to converse with me or anyone on this subforum.

Madame Prickly takes offense yet again! My comments were harsh but accurate(and I am harsh only rarely on SOL). I see you didn't dispute their substance. And I referred to your commentary in a disparaging way not your person. As to my adaab - there is a whole record of over 1500 posts to testify to that - one only needs to take a cursory look rather than tune into your hasty assertions.

I daresay we all make asinine statements - I know I have made quite a number on this forum. But there are few folks who would resort to the childish 'I ain't talking to you' unless the insults were directed at one's character. I, frankly, wish to dialogue and debate with adults not children so I bid thee adieu.

Fabregas   

^ Are you sure that it is the least we can do?

I think Palestinians have had billions of du'aas going their way since 1948. What have they gained?

Allah swt knows best what they have gained! But you do have a good point. Why only make dua, when your banks are full of money, and you can donate to starving Palestinians? Why not sponsor an Orphan and then make dua for them?Allah helps those who help themselves.

N.O.R.F   

^ In the meantime or after we've (and they've) done all that could be done with the resources available. Which comes first for change to happen?

PS. It is 8:53.

Are you saying the door is shut on prayers/duas in the meantime? Should Muslims not bother? Are you limiting the issues of patiance, dua, Imaan etc to one or two verses?

I see the point you're making but cant help think its being misapplied here.

Naden   

GJ_Goate, indeed!

Northerner, I am suggesting nothing of the sort because I don’t have that knowledge and nowhere did I mention patience or imaan .

Some Arab cultures, especially in rural areas, have this tradition of paying some village women to scream and wail at a funeral. It is to emphasize the magnitude of grief over the loved one. To me, calls for duca’a for Palestinians ringing from every manbar and in every news article without action are okay, emotionally moving even, but no more a move towards easing their suffering than the wail of a stranger at a funeral. Now helping resistance groups with money and arms (the way Americans do with Israel), now that is deserving of a duca’a or two.

Friday prayers will come and go, Hajj will come and go, heartfelt duca'as for Palestinians will come and go and a Palestinian child will continue to have 1/10th the water access that an Israeli child has. We can synchronize duca’as tomorrow with all in the Arab/Muslim world, and even include our Christian brothers (who dance and wail just as effectively) and not one roadblock will move by Sunday.

Simplistic, perhaps. But the question has always been for me, what Muslims/Arabs need to do before they are in a position for God to help them change? They already have all that oil and the human capital. What are they doing with them?