Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Favourite Movie Scenes

Ha ha thats a classic. This one is a bit more serious but nevertheless riveting.

Film: Network 1976

Actor: Peter Finch

Award: Won an Oscar largely thanks to this one scene.

wyre   

grasshopper;689070 wrote:
That scene is Snatch is hillarious!! Crazy British humour...

If I had to pick just one scene it would be this one
:P

From "Being John Malkovich"

hahaha:D

BOB   

N.O.R.F...Funny enough I haven't watched Snatch but then again who would've thought a flim directed by what's his face...that dude that Madonna left for a little boy-girl...the Scot dude and has a cast of Brad Pitt and that former Wimbledon defender would be classified as Classic but I admit that I've got all the time in the world for Benicio Del Toro.

That scene you posted was hilarious...the driver is funny...isn't the character playing the gundealer used to be in Desmonds? Remeber that sitcom? I used to love that sitcom...I never missed an episode.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

^How could not have seen Snatch saxib? Its a classic. Guy Ritchi has made some gems.

Yeah the guy with the gun is Lee from desmonds. He is many Brit films.

Arch, thats a great scene.

La Haine Start

My favorite favorite scene comes from Gone With the Wind….ohh!! how I love this film/ a must watch every month..

Scarlett encourages Ashley to put on a brave front before his deathbed talk with Melanie: "Don't cry. She mustn't see you've been crying." She rushes out of the house, hurrying back in the fog to search for Rhett, her real love, calling out: "Wait for me." But it is already too late for Scarlett and Rhett.

In their chillingly empty house, she calls out for him, but there is no answer. She finds him upstairs, sitting morosely in a chair in his bedroom. He is truly sorry to see Melanie, "a very great lady," die. A long-suffering, exhausted Rhett, tired and worn out from Scarlett's constant rejections, manipulations, and selfishness, can no longer tolerate being with her. He tells Scarlett that all he wants to do is escape from the pain of their many years of struggle, especially now that Ashley is available. In this final scene with his bags packed, he tells 28 year-old Scarlett what he will do: "I'm leaving you my dear. All you need now is a divorce and your dreams of Ashley can come true."

With a tear-stained, bewildered face, Scarlett pleads with Rhett to listen to her claims that she truly loves him:

Scarlett: I must have loved you for years, only I'm such a ****** fool I didn't know it. Please believe me. You must care. Melly said you did.

Rhett: I believe you. And what about Ashley Wilkes?

Scarlett: I never really loved Ashley.

Rhett: You certainly gave a good imitation of it up to this morning. No, Scarlett. I've tried everything. If you'd only met me halfway, even when I came back from London.

Scarlett: I was so glad to see you. I was Rhett. But you were so nasty.

Rhett: And then when you were sick and it was all my fault. I hoped against hope that you'd call for me, but you didn't.

Scarlett: I wanted you. I wanted you desperately, but I didn't think you wanted me.

Rhett: It seems we've been at cross purposes, doesn't it? But it's no use now. As long as there was Bonnie, there was a chance we might be happy. I liked to think that Bonnie was you, a little girl again, before the war and poverty had done things to you. She was so like you, and I could pet her and spoil her - as I wanted to spoil you. But when she went, she took everything.

Scarlett: Oh, Rhett, Rhett. Please don't say that. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything.

Rhett: My darling. You're such a child. You think that by saying: 'I'm sorry,' all the past can be corrected.

He reacts insensitively to another one of her fits of crying, handing a weeping Scarlett a parting gift: "Here, take my handkerchief. Never at any crisis of your life have I known you to have a handkerchief." Before he walks down the stairs, she begs: "Rhett, Rhett. Where are you going?" He tells her about his plans for the future in the Old South where he will pursue a lost dream:

Rhett: I'm going to Charleston, back where I belong.

Scarlett: Please, please take me with you.

Rhett: No, I'm through with everything here. I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Scarlett: No. I only know that I love you.

Rhett: That's your misfortune.

He parts from her at the front door. Scarlett asks: "Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?" Without

sentimentality, he cooly responds for the last time: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

As he closes the front door behind him and exits into the foggy mist, she is stunned and crushed, realizing she really loved Rhett all along, and has now lost a second, unrealizable passion. Resolutely, she still believes she can get him back, but it is really too late. In a big closeup shot, Scarlett addresses a soliloquy to the camera:

I can't let him go. I can't. There must be some way to bring him back. Oh I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow. (She closes the door.)

But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? (She falls forward onto the ascending stairs.) What is there that matters?

Crestfallen, she stops and then resourcefully and determinedly finds her true direction in the final lines of the film. She was never the type to admit defeat - so she refuses to acknowledge defeat in Rhett's rejection of her. Ghost-like voices of important men from her past remind her of the source of her strength in the soil of Tara. She hears her father Gerald: "Land's the only thing that matters, it's the only thing that lasts." Ashley: "Something you love better than me, though you may not know it. Tara." And Rhett: "It's from this you get your strength, the red earth of Tara." Each speech is repeated with increasing tempo and volume. Scarlett realizes that even if she doesn't get Rhett back, she can always return to the land - to Tara, to soak up its strength.

...Tara!...Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to get him back! After all, tomorrow is another day!

The End!!!