Sign in to follow this  
Humming bird

Steps to perfection for Somali men ( pre- marriage)

As promised here are the lessons mr Qodax and for all my other brothers who may be interested.

Sister lets help these brothers out..please let us be gentle with these fragile creatures...lets not hang their dirty laundry from the balconies.

1.Know who you are/ your values and where you want to reach in life and act on those values

by know who you are..i don't mean your tribe identity or what professional title you hold but rather the values you believe in and what you aspire to...make sure that you include among these values ones that women find endearing.

2.Be independent

by this I don't just mean the independence assured by financial security but also the capacity to reach views independent of tribal affiliations..a withdrawal from the pack mentality is a rare quality so be fair and independent of thought wherever possible. Being independent is broad and would touch every aspect of your life including catering for your cravings -for instance if you cant survive without xalwo kismaayo its best to learn how to make it...don't rely on a woman who knows how to..you will end up enslaved by her.

3.Keep up your appearance

well first make your appearance attractive then keep it up...I mention this because more than likely your image will need adjusting despite what the mirror is letting you believe...it's well known that men are more susceptible to self delusion.

Why is it important at all? Its important not because women are shallow creatures who cant go beyond your outer image but because that's all most will have access to..1st impressions count as do repeated ones.

4.Make knowledge seeking ongoing affair and make it broad

a man who is not being enriched with knowledge continually or who has lost the appetite for it, is as good as dead..women like men who are living , who are easily excited by knowledge as they are naturally by the prospect of copulation.

Make that knowledge broader than the confines of Somali politics...it helps when you are interacting with people who don't major in that subject.

5.Contribute positively

If you can provide real and overwhelming evidence of how you add value to the world most people would support the continuation of your existence..women included.

6.Be genuine in your relationships with people and see the positives in others

the world and its riches will not fall to your hands on account of your machinations so don't go out there to fool others..it is not helpful to put on a mask to charm a lady..she will discover your ugliness sooner than you can claim your beauty. Also the sooner you remove your spectacles of doubt and paranoia the sooner you will see the good in others.

7.Strive for improvement in your character and realise your limitations

The prophet (SAW) came only to perfect the character, so that area deserves attention on account of that alone.

8.Pack away your macho image and express emotion

granted some women relish a macho man but even they would want it mixed with some tears and tremors...but generally speaking its worth practising some human emotions such as expressing fear, love, sadness if it isn't second nature for you already...it may come handy when you have committed grave offences and risk being kicked out by a woman.

9.Acquire and accumulate patience more than any other virtue

one half of that patience you will need for the women who associate with you and the other for the rest of your life.

10.Don't be impulsive think before you speak or do

never propose to a woman until you have analysed her for 10 years..women are rather complex than they appear!

Kool_Kat   

Toban sano af qalalan iskula soo hor fariista maa tiri? Kadhimeey kadhim xataa ma'aha sheekadaan, seef-seefeey lee in ladheelo waaye marka!

Taleexi   

Good stuff indeed. Thanks sista but the limbo decade at the end is killing me big time. Hummerbird, da'dee haasaawaha/shukaansiga lagu bilaabaa according to your rules?

Kool Kat - lol@ seef seefeey ..before i get caried away with the animations ...abaayo waa iska kaftan laakiin wiilasha qaarkood xad ma laha oo way dhaafsiiyaan 10ka sano...I'm just being sarcastic with the indecisive lot.

Taleexi- I'm sure you Knew all this. Let me also remind you it's Humming bird! ..Not here to hammer anything. As for your question - I wouldn't advocate shukaansi ( the somali version ) as a general rule..I'm sure there are more successful methods...

Ms-MoOns - true but let them aim for the best I say.

nuune   

Kool_Kat;685844 wrote:
Toban sano af qalalan iskula soo hor fariista maa tiri? Kadhimeey kadhim xataa ma'aha sheekadaan, seef-seefeey lee in ladheelo waaye marka!
star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Ani mugoo ma yeeli laheen toman iyo koow sano, gewer maa intaa la socon karaa hee, lama bilood xataa inaa is fiir-fiirino dulqaadkaa igu yaraanaayo, waa inaan dhowr maalmood markaan is baraney kadib aan meher ku rakibaa, walaw aanba kala tagno dhowr maalmood kadib hadaan isku raacno bacdal waliimatul-kubraasmileys.gif

dear Taleexi,

other methods waxaan ula jeeda kuwa aan hadal badan iyo sheeko iyo been been u baahneyn- the more modern methods where you just fill in forms:

find some who is looking to get married and see them ( over a cup of cofee in silence)

check if that person meets your requirement and you meet theirs

get a personality/ compatibility check for good measure

marry the next day

bal isku day ee war bixin nasii haday kuu shaqeyso iyo hadii kaleba.