Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

Afternoon all. Afternoon naps showed be made compulsory for all. Much needed.

Maxaa la hayaa? Reer UK are in good mood maanta.

Juxa: Xalwadu waa sun ee ha isoo marsiinin, ganbarna wuxuu wax tarayaa markaan muran usoo diyaar garoobo, but buskud igu igoow.

NORF: There is is good reason for the good mood - London baa maanta ka kulul Dubai baan bilayaa, dabcan kana uumi yar.

Juxa   

ok buskutka qaado then, soo dhawaaw

Norf london is basking in sunshine today and we are stuck at work

There was yet another wedding next door, a djib/borama one; the women only night costed £ 3000-4000 for hall rental, catering excluded.

Now, if one adds up all the costs...

The ladies in their sparkling but unorthodox dressing, the youth etc; I was both envying the almost naive joy and grateful not to think in the same way.

As for the merrier side, our Borama cousins are very patriots and even the child told me Somalia when I asked him if he visited Djibouti (they basically consider all Somalis one nation wherever country they reside in, not sectarian as Somalis from elsewhere)...

NGONGE   

Note to self: Visit the Borama family in North London and gently repremind them for teaching their child that he is from Somalia.

End note.

Malika   

^Lol - it's the adults I tend to want to strangle - just today, after slaving for hours on something that needed presenting on Monday. Missy I know it all comes in and start to mess about with it - waan iis hayee, wanted to go all Somali on her...xagxagashoo iyo inaan qaniinoo baa ii heysee..lol

Malika;748998 wrote:
^Lol - it's the adults I tend to want to strangle - just today, after slaving for hours on something that needed presenting on Monday. Missy I know it all comes in and start to mess about with it - waan iis hayee, wanted to go all Somali on her...xagxagashoo iyo inaan qaniinoo baa ii heysee..lol

LOL@Qaniino. Strangling is a lot more acceptable than qaniinyo. The loony bin baa hore lagaaga dirayaa hadaad qof qaniinto. Yeah, it is one of those days for me where I repeat directions a million times and they ask the same questions a billion times. A smack on the head would straighten them out- if only.

Malika   

^Lol - easy on the angels..lol

Ngonge - lol..indeed, they arent.

I think the father of one of my tutees has a crush on me - every time I go to their home, the dude seems to be waiting for me at the door..always with the same questions ' hayee, maxaa heesaa beriyahaan? whilst looking into my eyes..He is so annoying..uff.

Juxa   

Do teachers have code of conduct? lol indhihiisa ha isku fiirin bal asbaxa!

I hate adults as well, i spend most of my days repeating myself and explaining, the answer to everything is waa racist, muslinkuu necebyahay, waa yahuudi, waa beentiis, and i dont speak english wuu i fahmi waayay? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

waa isoo kareen walahi, kareen karkar allaha ku ridee

LOL@Malika. Bisinka! Bal cunto iyo wax ha ka cabin guriga.

Juxa, yes we do. All of the above reasons and some more are used everyday by my few Somali students. Ileen gurigi buu excuseka yaalaaye. I rather deal with kids though than useless adults.