Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

Cash is good + some practical stuff - cheap phones, prescription glasses (you will need the prescription), handbags, wallets, watches, belts, T shirts, hats etc etc

Juxa   

Norf thanks for the tips:)

Ngonge it will mean so much more to go with family insha allah, quality time etc

Hi all, safar wacan sister

N.O.R.F;871250 wrote:
Cash is good + some practical stuff - cheap phones, prescription glasses (you will need the prescription), handbags, wallets, watches, belts, T shirts, hats etc etc

OK for deflecting them but "handbags, wallets, watches, belts, T shirts, hats" are not as lacking in Africa as cheap quality books (maybe shirts)...

The fancy phones and games made the cousins think life is easy (not to mention their maids and baguettes on demand), one asks for laptop when they got 3 in the house...they spoil them and complain about qat nights.

NGONGE   

^^ That's what you claim. I am yet to taste that cake of yours. In fact, I even sent an SOS to your former flatmate asking for some cake earlier in the week, I got a message back telling me to visit the premises if I wanted any. :( (must be a broken table that needs fixing or something :P).

Juxa   

^^ you know her former flatmate? waa gem soomaha

Hi faheema, ngonge thinks that we need to bake in order to enjoy cake bluuh! you can always buy them and consume adigoon daalin

Faheema.   

^Juxa, bal usheeg, meeshan waabad ku indho daraandaraysaa mac macaankooda lol.

lol NG, you have a better chance sending xaajiyada, then again she might just sit and consume it there with some shaah and sheeo like we did the last time :D

NGONGE   

^^ That's what I did dee. :(

Juxa, this question of yours just made me realise that you have never engaged in a "xan" session about me. Or, maybe we're thinking of two different people. Because a "gem" would send me cake. :P

Juxa   

Faheema nothing beats shaah iyo sheeko walahi

Ngonge, we never got around the xan even when faheema and ibti were around....inagaaba iska badin weynay, before we knew it would be almost midnight and rush to go home

raula   

Salaam all,

Juxa safar salaama sis..so noqodo nabada adi iyo reerka. It will be definately more enjoyable if you are travelling w/family if you haven't been there the longest...

(as for advice, don't take plenty of your light colored goonos-skirts, take some tan colored ones..because of bus iyo too much bacaad..or even rain..depending on area.& so are the blouses/tops. If you aren't used to it..get one or two Baati/the loose dirac & some cabaayas if you can..otherwise you can buy more baati when you get there..). As for shoes..Carry perhaps a pair of pumps..for visiting dignitaries:D some qurbo-joog friends..otherwise they will just be sitting in your suitcase..unless the relatives there don't take them already...many flats if you can..& no safari boots lol).

Even the geeljire relative there owns a cell-phone :D, LET MOM/OLDER SISTER..deal w/them. Adi waxaad tiraahda...hooyo baan maalkii dhan uu dhiibe :D Always travel w/mom unless heading out to venture non-relative area/explore.

PS: I couldn't stay w/out some scented lotion & some moisturizing lipstick/gloss:D

Enjoy & do bring back stories/pics when returns. Salaam.

Juxa   

Raula thanks, i am already over-excited, although i wont go until next month insha allah!

thank you for the tips, only thing i put on my list sofar waa a pillow