cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

In N London with a 3 year old who won't leave my side for a minute :D

Steel city next week iA.

Juxa, give us details dee. Who is suing who? What for? How much is at stake? :D

Juxa   

Oh Norf you are here! Fab now I can steal my mate

Norf it was application for injunction! Islaan baa dhahday midkale ima soo agmari karto

NGONGE   

^^ My attitude it's the normal (philosophical) attitude of viewing life. Yours and Abu Salman's is the "remote control" one. One can't fix every problem in the world and worry himself sick about them. Fix what you can and leave the rest to fix themselves. Therein lies peace of mind. Now open that rock above your neck and let some of this wisdom in. :D

Heh@Norf..my eldest has gone on a school trip for a week. It's her second day away from hom (EVER) and I keep wandring how she's coping. I expect her to cling to me like a chewing gum to a shoe, on her return on Friday. :D

N.O.R.F   

lol Juxa. Oo islaamahu maxay isku sanifeen?

Ngonge, after worrying for a week I think it will be you clinging to her :D

Anyway, sports day for the eldest today.

Salaam All - its just Tuesday, would you blv? But I already feel exhausted to the bone! I need a holiday more than I can express...

Juxa   

Sayid yes, Injunctionka laguu sheegayo waaba carbal ifiiri

btw somali ma eysan aheyn

waves@serenity, had you not been every continent, i would have invited you ee naga tag

My kind of worrying has to do with my idealist wishful thinking that people must be rational and acting on information; it's clearer now that they seldom bother, act more on impulses, peer pressure etc.

I was very sentimental and compassionate as a kid too, some say it's a sign of giftedness (along with curiosity etc).

Well, apart from being irritated with how irrational and ignorance preferring we tend to be (too much suffering preventable with a bit of cautiousness and research), or sheer caring and attachment (people are what matters, can not forget someone), there is this partly selfish motive.

Since my happiest moments were as a teen surrounded by some relatives and acquaintances, my thinking goes that preserving them as before may re-enact those nostalgic moments or at least keep the possibility of ersatz innocent moments ("happiness is the past").

I was nostalgic even back then, though much less so, and this sentimentality seems foreign to my more pragmatic siblings.

To my defense, it's true that blissful innocence and merriness is much harder when fully informed about the countless cruel ways this world operates and its constant risks of all sorts, when grown up and disillusioned on many fronts.

At least, back then, I could pretend that with knowledge and some preaching, things will improve (no more destitute crowds, patients etc) but it's as if some things get worse even if others improve and nobody cares much about suffering or logic, what works and getting informed thoroughly.

Thus, some optimism and less sentimentality would helps me a lot but it's so uncoherent with my nature that I just often envy the aloofness and optimism levels of others...

wyre   

rudy-Diiriye;843035 wrote:
pple in Saudi Arab sleep 24/7...how come not u?? whats up! whats your problem... r u a sheikh waardiyee!!

At Night We Go Suuq And Day We Work :D, Those Who Don't Work Can't Sleep At Night

Buuxo   

Sleep is for weak uu sheeg Wyre. Sleep in Aakhira lol

Khayr aan nii daafay reer SoL, yar iyo wayn.

Juxa   

^^ adigana sidoo kale

salaam aleykum people, bal warama, beautiful and sunny day in londara maanta no?

Chimera   

Abu-Salman;843082 wrote:
My kind of worrying has to do with my idealist wishful thinking that people must be rational and acting on information; it's clearer now that they seldom bother, act more on impulses, peer pressure etc.

I was very sentimental and compassionate as a kid too, some say it's a sign of giftedness (along with curiosity etc).

Well, apart from being irritated with how irrational and ignorance preferring we tend to be (too much suffering preventable with a bit of cautiousness and research), or sheer caring and attachment (people are what matters, can not forget someone), there is this partly selfish motive.

Since my happiest moments were as a teen surrounded by some relatives and acquaintances, my thinking goes that preserving them as before may re-enact those nostalgic moments or at least keep the possibility of ersatz innocent moments ("happiness is the past").

I was nostalgic even back then, though much less so, and this sentimentality seems foreign to my more pragmatic siblings.

To my defense, it's true that blissful innocence and merriness is much harder when fully informed about the countless cruel ways this world operates and its constant risks of all sorts, when grown up and disillusioned on many fronts.

At least, back then, I could pretend that with knowledge and some preaching, things will improve (no more destitute crowds, patients etc) but it's as if some things get worse even if others improve and nobody cares much about suffering or logic, what works and getting informed thoroughly.

Thus, some optimism and less sentimentality would helps me a lot but it's so uncoherent with my nature that I just often envy the aloofness and optimism levels of others...

You need to be less of a sponge absorbing the negativity on your periphery and realise you can't save the whole world, just focus on those you can help.