Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

Web 2.0 Illusion

I am sick and tired of all those new commercial buzz words such as web 2.0 reminds when Microsoft made the big fuzz about DHTML, things that doesn't exist..

according to Tim O'Reilly (who coined the term) is this one:

"Web 2.0 is the business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the internet as platform, and an attempt to understand the rules for success on that new platform. Chief among those rules is this: Build applications that harness network effects to get better the more people use them."

so what does it mean exactly?..umh nothing.

from dawn of the internet we did communicate with each other its not a new thing to be coined as web 2 quite agree with BERNERS-LEE

BERNERS-LEE: Totally not. Web 1.0 was all about connecting people. It was an interactive space, and I think Web 2.0 is of course a piece of jargon, nobody even knows what it means. If Web 2.0 for you is blogs and wikis, then that is people to people. But that was what the Web was supposed to be all along. And in fact, you know, this Web 2.0, quote, it means using the standards which have been produced by all these people working on Web 1.0. It means using the document object model, it means for HTML and SVG and so on, it's using HTTP, so it's building stuff using the Web standards, plus Java script of course.

the important and the new thing is Semantic Web in which applications communicate with each other offering web services through eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and the Resource Description Framework (RDF).

umh okai I released some tension that was building up but not done yet to be continued