Sign in to follow this  
Lake

Any McGill University somali students??

Lake   

I was there this passed holidays at that campus to visit (It was my first time being to Montreal as well)

I know couple of you guys go to the neighboring school Concordia but any McGill students at SOL?

There are several Somali students who attend Concordia, matter fact, the student union president is Somali, there are about 10 or so Somalis who go to the school, many of them come from Ontario. There are older Somalis who go to McGill, they are doing graduate studies there --- i know a few of them.

Originally posted by Pretty Tone:

any McGill students at SOL?

Yes, me me! I'm there, here and all around... flown around the world to different Universities being so coveted as remaining few polymaths in the world (among variegated reasons). You name it, been there... usually to give lectures. In my last lecture I asked Med students who they thought was the better asset to X-Men: Wolverine or Cyclops? Engaging lecture that turned out!

Nothing beats Mickey Mouse Uni though. Hands down the best institution of Higher Learning. Annually churning up the best and brightest.

winnie   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Damn that anti-Muslim university and their administration :mad:

i'm clueless. what are you talking about?

it's funny though cause ive seen a handful of somalis on campus and they run like the plague when they see me coming. these kids think i have their mom on speed dial or something.

ElPunto   

^I would run the other way too if I saw an alien. :D

Where have you been - under a rock? - there was a big ruckus at McGill about their denying the Muslims' a place to pray - now the student's have to pray in the halls.

I would say Concordia has Islamic friendly environment, we have a new mosque in the Hall building on the seventh floor. We also have a large Muslim population, and during Ramadan, we have wonderful dinners. I heard about the case at McGill, but I’m sure its resolved by now.

winnie   

^^^thats what i'm saying. concordia is muslim friendly (for now) and thats why i was puzzled Point, i thought you were referring to con u's admin.

actually the dispute is still not resolved but it did gain national coverage on the cbc national and the msa is suing the university and are hoping it ends the same way udm's case ended; victory for the muslims.

ElPunto   

^Sorry alien! I meant McGill! It sounds like you go to Concordia. So which side you on? Palestinian vs Israeli?! What is up with Montreal and controversy at universities? :confused:

winnie   

i go to concordia university and what kind of question is that? why would i side for israelis for anything?