Sign in to follow this  
Abdi2005

Which is best design somali website? their is hundreds now

Megan   

Haddad,

The term "doctor" does not mean only those who have studied medicine or dentistry. The literal meaning of doctor is a person who has earned the highest academic degree awarded by a college or university in a specified discipline. Having that in mind, even though we do focus on healthcare fields, we have space for all other careers. What is better than getting all somali students together?

We require others to register mainly because we want them to take advantage of the full fledged features and we want to verify that each person register only once. The point is if someone doesnt want to post, they dont have to (it would be great if they did though). So, I hope you understand where we are coming from.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Megan:

What is better than getting all somali students together?

A site with the domain www.somalistudents.com is better. doctor isn't appealing; it's not representative as student.

We require others to register mainly because we want them to take advantage of the full fledged features and we want to verify that each person register only once.

There are those who want to make up their mind before registering. I wouldn't want to just register; I want to know beforehand if it could appeal to me. Mere browsing doesn't fall in the full fledged features category. For instance; you could disable the search feature for non-registrants. Most professional sites or forums never disable basic browsing.

Megan   

Doctor does not definitely mean a student but like I said anybody who has completed and mastered a higher degree is a doctor and I am sure many somalis fall into that cetegory or are working towards it. Besides this site was built with healthcare in mind because we think that is the part that is lacking the most in Somalia these days and it is a neccesity.

This site was established to be bigger than just a forum and we are looking for people who might be useful to all Somalis. Therefore, seeing doctor shouldnt turn anyone off because even literal doctors or healthcare workers will be the future of somalia.

By full-fledged membership features, I meant blogs and chats which we are going to start soon. We are not going to let each and everyone just see that, are we? We do have certain standards everyone should abide with and membership enforces those standards.Besides membership is a test to show the interest of the individual and how much he is taken with the site (or the organization). It is a small price to pay, isnt it?

Haddad   

Originally posted by Megan:

It is a small price to pay, isnt it?

I concur, and wish your goals & site the best.

Muhammad   

somalidoctor and somalistudents look like the same design to me.

the more simple the better, the less graphics(specialy animated) the better.

best somali forum design - Somaliaonline.com

- simple to use

- no graphics

- no animations

i have yet to see a good news site with a good design, less animation/graphics with good archive!

i like daljir.com but its only audio!

Animal Farm

To be honest, Somali websites use too many colours, they stretch images and they overload the site with content. I think most of them at best displayed -- feeble attempt to sell over sensationalized news. Webmasters often show their lack of design, presentation, and content management. The most annoying thing about Somali websites is that they never archive news from months of weeks ago - they often remove them. Even the sites that try to deliver good design and presentation - lack adequate content and need I say more ARCHIVES.

^^well said!!

garoweonline is the most elegant Somali news website around, and it is true all the others use too much colours and they are not one bit pleasing to the eyes.

garoweonline its a nice site, well designed, modern, and visually pleasing --- but what about this site Somaliland.org, they actually archive everything.

uchi   

Keep in mind, Garowe Online archives all of thier news much more efficiently than of their counter-parts (news websites). Have a closer look at the Calender feature on the left section.

Also, what about the somaliyouth.org website, looks nice doesn't it :D