Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Career Planning

Nur   

Salaams Nomads

Marxabaa bikum, welcome, benvenuti, karibu, soo dhoawaada to yet another interesting topic, not as controversial as my last topics on Marriage, for a change!

The purpose behind this thread is to provide comsultancy to Nomads who are at cross roads on paths to take for an Islamic friendly career, this thread was prompted by the notion that many Nomads take the time between classes to see Nurtel Posts, some viewers have privately consulted me on the subject, so I reasoned, why not post a thread on career planning, form an Islamic prespective, that is, halaal jobs in terms of suitability to women, or from the Riba point of view. In addition to discussing career paths that may be hot in the future in our country ( If we still have a country ) .

So, Dear Nomads, If you are still in school, or are about to graduate soon, or are thinking about change in careers, or aspire to start your own business selling Camel Milk on line, the platform is open, what is on your mind today?

The service is free, so take advantage of it.

Nur

2003 eNuri Human Resources Development

Helping Nomads Rise To Their Potential

N.O.R.F   

A very good topic bro.

My line of work involves taking money from clients on a regular basis. This money is then supposed to be given to other contractors, but we tend to hang on to this money until the required work is done by the other contractors. However, i have noticed that there is encouragement to put this money into a high interest company account in the meantime.I have not done this personally, but have seen it being done. If and when its my turn to do this, and forward the money to another person to deal with, does this compromise my beliefs? ie the company (not me) is progiting from riba

Sophist   

What do you think Coporate Law practiced in the Islamic world. I am lawyer (In England those who are reading Law Degree are called lawyers-- reading means studying: best leisure time is spent reading a degree as my old toph of a professor says habitually).

Akhuuka Fil Caqiida,

Sophist

Nur   

Walaal Northerner

A friend of mine who was with me on a business trip in Belgium had the exact same problem, he was supposed to deposit some half a million dollars on an interest earning account for his company, being the Assistant CEO, he was facing the guns barrel, he conuslted me and my answer was to delegate the responsibility to another willing employee on behalf of the company. As you can see, that was the best of a questionable situation, we live in a Riba based economy system, but as Allah SWT says, " ITTAQQUU AALLAHA MAS TADACTUM" meaning " protect your skins from the anger of Allah SWT, as much as you can".

So, be creative in avoiding the responsibility, you can take a day off, or even be sick when your turn comes around, that was what Prophet Abrahim did when his folks invited him to worship the Idols.

Nur

Nur   

Sophist Bro.

You have posed a very fundamental Aqeedah question.

Corporate Law, a subset of the civil laws practiced in many western countries had its origins in Islamic laws dating back to the Islamic Empire in Spain where many Islamic laws found there way into European legislation. One such law was the inheritance law, first adopted by France from the Hanafi School of thought and later transmitted to Swiss law.

From the point of view of the Sharia, any man made law does not have a mandate, as any law must emanate from a sovreign, and the only sovreign Islam recognizes is Allah SWT whose name is SAMAD, meaning the Sovreign.

Islamic law was a natural progression of the need of the Muslim community to settle its differences according to the Quraan and Sunnah, and as such, Islamic fiqh was born and the Fiqh - Al Buyuuc, the fiqh of sales transactions was compiled.

The years that followed, the fiqh of business covered many topics such as Al Mudaarabah, al Muraabaxa, wages, agreements, incorporations " Sharaakah, and the like.

The longest verse in Quraan deals with business, the verse in Al baqarah ' Yaa ayyuha alladiina aamanuu idaa tadaayantum" meaning " O yee who believe, if you incur a debt between you....." This verse was the birth of the notary public as we know it, that we use today as a standard instrument to verify articles of an agreement.

To make a long history short, 14 centuries later, Islam as nation ceased to exist, and secular nations came to being who have adopted colonial secular laws, so apart from the lip service in all Muslim countries given to Islam as the main source of law, Islamic law ia far from taking its rightful place as a judicial intstrument to settle differences Corporate or otherwise.

Based on the above background, the question remains, is it permissible in Islam to practice Corporate Law?

It all depends on how we define a practice. If we mean that you will be helping people to claim their rights under a secular system, I do not see a problem as long as you never deny anyone their rights using this law.

On the other hand if you are going to practice this legal profesion to become a judge, then clearly you are in violation of the spirit of the verse " A fa gheyra Allahi attakhidu xakaman " meaning " shoul I make other than Allah SWT a judge?" for which the answer is a NO.

Wallahu Aclam

Nur

Nur   

Salafiyyah sis

In a muslim country, where the male respects and understands the boundaries of the dealing with the opposite sex, and within a premise that is medical in nature, when male doctors are not available, not only it is OK, you get ajar releiving the suffering of a patient. In non Muslim environment, it is questionable, but I can not jump the gun by decalring it is haraam, as Allah SWT says " do not say for everything that comes your way, this is haraam, and this halaal" in the non muslim countries, fiqh becomes like Newtonian Physics at speed of light, very difficult to define.

Nur

salaama calaykum to you all. why is it that much of the girls are not replying this post is it that what most of us ladies are pursuing are not permissible in islam or is this a new topic you just posted. anyway i have a question for you nur and iam afraid you might say that it is not good or it is better off becoming a house wife(that is what u usually say) anywho iam trying insha allah to pursuit a career as a nurse in this environmental gaalo, but i hear friends and relatives saying that it is not permissible in islam then i tend to change careers(but everthing is the samething these days..always men around) but then knowing the fact that nursing makes big fat of money(or does it) i remain ignoring this issues so brother what would you say about this kind of jobs? and generally are ladies to work at all? can't wait what you will reply and how other sisters will act when you say NOPE that is what i always believe..girls don't work just stay home and wait that imaginable partner who will knock your granpas door :rolleyes:

Nur   

Sundus sis

I am smiling as I respond to your post, you are a natural wallaahi, no fake, and your straight forward no frills question deserves a good answer, although you have a prejudice on Net wadaads including me, however I may surprise you today.

Sis.

Imagine a cat whose leg was amputated, and the vet decided to transplant a dogs leg on the cat, not any dog, a great dane's leg? how would that cat look? how well can it walk with the newly aquired leg? Very funny, you'd say, and you are right, it just doesn't fit.

These days, many Wadaads who read fiqh books readily give fatwas from a fiqh book written centuries ago for a Muslim based community that applied nothing but sharia. That Fiqh that was born in that environment and solved the problems these Muslims faced, given their sitauation of a 100 percent islam abiding community.

Everything was based on islam, so the main structure of the community was Islam ( it is known as USUUL), and the Furuuc, the details of the fiqh, were like the legs of the cat in my example, so in their days the cat was walking upright and balanced, as every fatwa matched the structure on which the community was based on.

Today, There is no community that is 100 percent structured on the "USUUL " of Islam, so applying fiqh on certain situations can become real funny.

Coming back to your question, if the driving reason for your employment is to become independent, until " Faaris al axlaam" arrives, and if you can maintain your faith, I do not see a problem with it.

If you specialize on OB-Gynocology, Paediatrics or related fields , You get more ajar, as you are now going to protect yourself some more by dealing with women only, while potentially helping Muslim Sisters and kids who may need your services in the future, imagine the ajar you'd get if you become an UMULISO?.

So, by all means, sis, do the best in the situation in which you find yourself, However, remember the moral of Islamic FIQH, and its order of application to our lives.

The law of Allah SWT was revealed for the following higher purposes, any fatwa that conflicts with them is null and void:

1. Protection of Life

2. Protection of Faith

3. Protection of Wealth

4. Protection of dignity

In the order of things, first you need bread on the table, if someone gives you a fatwa to stay home in a non islamic setting without securing decent means for living, he needs to brush on his fiqh some more, ready made fatwas can be dangerous at times. Once Companions of the Prophet SAWS made a fatwa for an injured companion to take ghusl which caused complications and later he died, it is reported ( to my best recollection) that the Prophet SAWs said of these amature Mufti Companions, " Qataluuh, qatalahumullah" they've kiled him, May Allah Kill them", now you can imagine what an unlicensed wadaad can do if he is not careful.

Living and working In these non Muslim environment, you are considered " MUKRAH" " Forced, not willing " according to sharica, although " being forced, IKRAAH" has a definition in Fiqh if it will compromise life and dignity. In your case, you must see to it that you do your best to protect your faith, the purpose for which we were created. Your job must also protect your dignity, as some jobs, can compromise your sharaf.

And finally, make a lot of dhiker so Allah SWT can make your life in line with what he loves, do not underestimate the power of Duaa, Allah SWT says " Call on me, I shall respond to your needs"

Who else is there for us if Allah does not come to our aid?

Walaalkaa

Nur

Coloow   

Corporate Law, a subset of the civil laws practiced in many western countries had its origins in Islamic laws dating back to the Islamic Empire in Spain where many Islamic laws found there way into European legislation. One such law was the inheritance law, first adopted by France from the Hanafi School of thought and later transmitted to Swiss law.

VERY TRUE!!!

From the point of view of the Sharia, any man made law does not have a mandate, as any law must emanate from a sovreign, and the only sovreign Islam recognizes is Allah SWT whose name is SAMAD, meaning the Sovreign.

True, but what would you call qanuun? contractual undertakings between parties? is the word LAW the same as Xeer, dastuur, qawaanin etc?

Nuurow, don't you think we need lawyers, barristers, solicitors, judges, prosecuters whose work depart from islamic sharia?

Nur   

Entreprenuer Bro.

Any agreement that regulates

1. Life and death

2. Wealth and property

3. Rights

4. Sexual Relationships

Is regulated by Islam.

Any issue not regulated by islam like traffic lights, is a common sense agreement that we should abide by, otherwise we will violate the purpose of protection dn preservation of life, however any XEER or Qaanuun that claims to have legitimacy in a sovreign other than Allah SWT is a clear SHIRK, that assures a place in hell with no vacation policy.

When I obey any law, I obey it from the prespective that it is a common sense that Allah is pleased with and that has roots in Sharia. Because Allah isntructed me to say:

" Inna salaatii wa nusukii wa maxyaaya wa mamaaatii lillah, wa bidhaalika umirtu wa ana awalul muslimiin"

My prayers, my scrificial rites, my life and and death are all dedicated to Allah, and so was I ordered and I am the first to surrender"

Nur