Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Get Closer to God

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right way. (Al-Baqarah 2:186)

1. Way of Devotion and Worship

"My servant does not come closer to Me with anything more dear to Me than that which I made obligatory upon him. My servant keeps coming closer to Me with more volunteer deeds, until I love him. When I love him, I become His ear by which he hears, his eyes by which he sees, his hand by which he holds and his foot by which he walks. If he asks Me any thing I shall give him. If he seeks My protection I shall grant him My protection…"(Al-Bukhari 6021)

2. Way of Piety and Righteousness:

Taqwa (piety) and righteous deeds also bring us close to Allah.

"Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loves not those who trespass beyond bounds. Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good." (Al-A’raf 7:55-56)

3. Way of Charity and Kindness

"Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, O son of Adam, I was ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant so and so was ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant so and so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant so and so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me. (Muslim 4661)

Nehanda   

Thanks for the thread walaal, very useful especially with ramadan close by.

I thought we should use your thread as a way of sharing duas and good deeds inpreparation to the holy month. I've heard the below dua recently:

Alahuma anta rabi

La ilahi ila ant

Khalagtani wa ana cabduk

Wa ana cala haddika wa wacdika mastadacat

Acudika mi shari ma sanact

Abu uleka bi nicmatika calak

Wa abu ubi danbi

Fiqfirli

Fa inahu la yaqfir danuba ila ant.

Nur   

Nehanda

That dua has the following meaning:

O Allah, You are my Lord ( Sovereign )

There is no one higher than you (Sovereign)

(because) you have created me, and I am your slave

And I remain committed to my promise and oath (not to revere other than you) as much as I can

I seek forgiveness for the ugly things I have committed

I reconfirm my gratitude for the generosity you have bestowed upon me.

While I am ashamed of my blatant disregard of your obedience as I sin.

So forgive me, since no one but you is capabale to forgive sins.

Translations courtesy of eNuri Transemantics

Nur

Ms DD   

With regards to the above dua, Shaddad ibn Aws (ra) relates that the Prophet (saw) said that the most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is to say (the above du'a). That "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."

[sahih al-Bukhari; 8,75,318, at-Tirmidhi; 3393, an-Nasa'i; 5522, Ahmad; 16662]

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَمَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta

(O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Ms DD   

Here's a beautiful du'aa to make when one is depressed or distressed:

034-116.gif

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Ms DD   

Salaam

Allah`s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"Among my people there are four characteristics belonging to pre-Islamic period of ignorance which they do not abandon:

1. boasting of high rank,

2. reviling other peoples` genealogies,

3. seeking rain by stars, and

4. wailing. And he (further) said: If the wailing woman does not repent before she dies, she will be made to stand on the Day of Resurrection wearing a garment of pitch and a chemise of mange.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 2033 Narrated by Abu Malik al-Ash`ari

Ms DD   

10 ways of developing love for Allah

Adapted from Shaykh Ibn Qayyim's (rah) Madarij-us-Saalikeen

Shaykh Ibn al-Qayyim (rah) says: “The reason which cause mahabbah (love) of Allaah to develop, are ten:

First: Reciting the Qur’aan, reflecting and understanding its meaning and its intent.

Second: Drawing closer to Allaah – the Most High – through optional deeds, after fulfilling the obligatory duties.

Third: Being continuous in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah, with the tongue, the heart and the limbs – under all circumstances. The more continuant the dhikr, the more muhabbah develops and intensifies.

Fourth: Giving precedence to what Allaah loves over personal loves, when being overcome by desires.

Fifth: Contemplating and deliberating over the Names and Attributes of Allaah.

Sixth: Recognizing and remembering the favors and bounties of Allaah – both manifest and hidden.

Seventh: To be humble and submissive before Allaah – and this is the greatest matter.

Eighth: To be in seclusion reciting the Qur’aan, during that time in which Allaah descends to the lowest heaven (which is the last third of every night), finishing this recitation with seeking Allaah’s forgiveness and repenting to Him.

Ninth: To sit in the gatherings of the true and sincere lovers of Allaah, reaping the fruits of their speech, and not to speak except if there is benefit in it and that you know that such talk will increase you in goodness and that it will benefit others as well.

Tenth: To stay clear of all those causes which distances the heart from Allaah – the Mighty and Majestic.

So these are the ten reasons which cause the person to develop true love for Allaah and to reach the rank of al-muhabbah, by which he reaches his Beloved.

Jazakallah kheyr, beautiful duahs subhanallah. :D

001-1.gif

‘All praise is for Allaah who gave us life after having taken it from us and unto Him is the Resurrection.‘

001-2.gif

The Prophet (S) said: ‘Whoever awakes at night and then says:

[du‘a (a)]

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, alone without associate, to Him belongs sovereignty and praise and He is over all things wholly capable. How perfect Allaah is, and all praise is for Allaah, and none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, Allaah is the greatest and there is no power nor might except with Allaah. The Most High, The Supreme.

…and then supplicates:

[du‘a (b)]

‘O my Lord forgive me.‘

…will be forgiven‘

Al-Waleed said, 'or he (S) said: ‘ and then asks, he will be answered. If he then performs ablution and prays, his prayer will be accepted‘.'

^^Duahs to say when waking up. smile.gif