Sign in to follow this  
LadyDotNet

Stored Procedures (SQL)

I have an ASP.NET and VB.NET application that needs to copy selected stored procedures from one SQL Server to another SQL Server. The scenerio is that the user will select a source server from a drop down list then the source database from another dropdown listbox which then populates a listbox with the stored procedures in the database. They can select multiple stored procedures from the listbox.

Once selected, they select a target SQL Server from a dropdownlist and then a target database from another dropwdown list. I have a command button that they need to do the actual move but I am not sure how to get the selected source stored procedures copied to the target database. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bro! u probably wanna run this by a sql user group! i left ms stuff alone since they in love with india! i went to linux nowadays!

also u might wanna pm murefu since hes a db admin! he might be able to help yah! good luck bro!

..Rudy thanks for your feedback - i'm a sis by the way - feel kinda strange being called a bro .

I have posted similiar post on some of the Sql forums, waiting for feedback, however I have recieved few suggestions which I am hoping to apply and see how I get on with.

Thanks for your input.

can u proof that??lol..just kidding, my bad! even though i checked your profile, at the end, i was left to assume! and u know what happens when u do that!!

anyway, good luck and i do dig you john wooden thing there! he is a very down to earth person!!