Sign in to follow this  
Narcissistic-Sister

Is education IMPORTANT?

Nur   

N Sis

i thinks you needa edgmocated sis. When i waz teen i literlly used to live widda books, I read and read and read books, mostly about dinosaurs and space. I have to admit, the more i indulged in readin, the older i felt, which is no fun, i lost my childhood quick, (except for my sports)

luckily, sis there is a choice: IGNORANCE

you can stay IGNORANT rest of your life

IGNORANCE is fun, now

IGNORANCE makes you happy, now

IGNORANCE is thrillin, yo cant figure out why they make you suffer in a class for 50 minutes

IGNORANCE is also cheaper, now

but as you grow older, it gets more expensive

and when you have no enuff money to pay, no parents to support you, all yow friends driving BMW, and you r flippin hambergers at McDonald, IGNORANCE gets MORE EXPENSIVE

Rer Badiye back home call your problem WAXARO TUUR, Nomad girls who hate tending goats who'd rather have fun all day.

Nur

Rahima   

Mu'adh ibn Jabal (radhi Allahu 'anh) said:

"Through knowledge, Allah raises some people in rank, and He makes them leaders in righteousness and models in morality. The vestige of their faith is avidly sought, their deeds are emulated perceptively, and people will seek and sanction their opinions solicitously and unequivocally. The heavenly angels seek their company and anoint them with their wings, every fresh or withered life they pass by implore Almighty Allah to forgive them their sins... This is because knowledge revives the dead hearts and drives them out of darkness into light, and because knowledge is the light of the inner eyes that cures one's blindness and restores his inner sight."

Imam Shafi' said:

"All humans are dead except those who have knowledge ... and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds ... and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere ... and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry."

And sister, it is only through education that you will attain knowledge. Although it may seem that these two great men were only referring to knowledge such as that of the Quran and Hadith, let us remember that Islam incorporates of all life and if you are attaining what is otherwise termed as "secular education" for the purpose of serving the ummah, then inshallah it will come under this banner of knowledge which these two quotes refer to.

Lools...nuur! Bad influence waryaa but hey That was very good advice! :D

Rahmah.oh my my! Thank you sweetie one of the best advises I could ever lay eyes on! You're GIFTED! Thanks...I will motivate myself and try my best! :D

LANDER   

N-sister,

I can relate to some of your sentiment towards education. I think getting a formal education is somewhat overated in our society. As an undergrad most Uni profs will tell you that you won't you use 90% of what you learn once in the workplace. I think the little paper that most people strive for better known as a degree, is somewhat indicative of the materialistic and superficial society we live in. People will often judge you and your intellectual capacity simply based on whether or not you've received a formal education. I don't like working for others myself and much less taking orders, but that is the world we live in. As depressive as it might be at times you gotta get that little piece of paper, smile and nod :D and be phony to get ahead. At the end of the day the best advice I can give you sis is that not everybody thinks like you and you must keep that in mind. The quicker you work now, the less you'll have to conform to the avarice norms of this capitalist society in the future.

hey sis in life if you want to get a reasonable job you have to get a reasonable education full-stop. ---anywayz what would i know i am just a newcomer to this forum ----- carry on -----

Paragon   

Ignorance, my dear nomads, is bliss. Happy livelihood is independent from knowledge. Knowledge is the imprisonment of a free - of secterism, belief systems, wrongs and rights - mind. Education is the very tool with which the enslavement of the mind is achieved. The thoughts of all individuals fall under dictated category of reality and myth. To know is to relate to something, and thus to a certain structure. The child - when speechless - is the epitome of pure living. As language is key to communication, educated is key to thought corruption. Education has many types and the current type exmplifies one acceptance of life. Adopt any type you deem important. Afterall, humanity lifestyle was one of one-sidedness, but you can chose another.

hey all when it comes to my family and me yes education is very very important and i belive it is to everone having no education will lay you back with no job. so keep up with education and make education your'e first priority.