Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Any Lawyer or Students of Law

Sophist   

Salaams,

Good Afternoon all those potential and current lawyers (here, the term Lawyer constitutes those who are reading the degree or for deserved hard work already graduated with LLB and practicing law as either Solicitors, Barristers or government legal advisers—or even with those unfortunate souls with Law degrees but don’t practice the art).

I am posting this to perhaps create a forum (a medium) where we can exchange our ideas, share view, discuss legal issues that have bearing on our society etcetera.

In case you are wondering, I am reading a Law at an English University. I find the subject tedious though the prospect of either wearing the silk (this does not mean the real silk, so no words of warning from those who are inclined to do so) or perhaps working in the magic circle firms where we are accused by selling our souls to the co-operate fat cats In return of big cash—don’t listen to this slur, they are only jealous of your potential success!!!!!.

So, guys, let us network, tell us whether you have done any internship with the likes of Linketers, Alan and Ovary, Slaughter and May, Herbert Smith and the last but not least Clifford Chance. Or perhaps you haven’t because you think you have something against these “fat cats”.

Tell us where you are studying and how you find the course.

Don’t you hate Roman Law!!!! perhaps not, most of compassionate law schools won’t subject their poor over worked students to this mind numbingly boring subject which have no relevance whatsoever in modern Law.

I'm not a law student (or not yet) but in any case, I do have one issue with the U.S. Constitution.

Many people celebrate the constitution as if its the bible...but as a black person in America, I think the history of the constitution is quite f***** considering the fact that at the time it was established, slavery was still ongoing.

Anyone else feel that way?

N.O.R.F   

i tried A level law at college, then got bored with the endless analysis of case after case after case, and all that reading, i gave up after a few weeks and changed it!